My Accu-Sim keys (SHFT X), etc. don't work! I can't start!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
msgtmac57
Airman

My Accu-Sim keys (SHFT X), etc. don't work! I can't start!

Post by msgtmac57 »

:cry: I've read the start-up checklist, and even printed it out for myself. But, now I've drained the battery and it hasn't started since I bought it! There is no (SHFT+1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) keys that bring up maps and maintenance hangars to repair the aircraft either! I've did a walk-around-inspection, but that didn't help! I'm frustrated. Where is my "expansion-pack" that has all of this Accu-Sim Technology" hidden within the Windows directories? Or maybe within the acft.config file?

Request a REFUND!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My Accu-Sim keys (SHFT X), etc. don't work! I can't sta

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please give us further information, for example what platform you are using, what add ons etc?

The shift + 2,3,4,5 keys are default keys for FSX and P3D, the normal reason for them not working is because either the sim platform isnt updated to the latest version as noted in the manual requirements or the user has remapped the shift + 2,3,4,5 etc keys to different buttons.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

msgtmac57
Airman

Post by msgtmac57 »

I use EZDOC for setting up camera angles, but that is the only add-on I use. All of my other aircraft have 2-D variables that use (SHFT+1,2,3,etc) just fine. With Accu-sim, I can't even touch the map, and all the other objects; I get no responses!

I don't think I received your acçu-sim package, because I can't find anything in my program and flight simulator x directories that indicate installation/download.

I use Windows 10, FSX sp1 & sp2 on anew Intel i5 processor 3.2GHz, with 2 Terabytes Storage, and a GEFORCE GTX 1050 EVGA 4GB graphics card.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

First up you will need to refer to your Ezdok manual and support for how to install aircraft with ezdok as that has caused many users issues in the past due to the way ezdok edits our files to break the aircraft when it comes to views.

Have you tried a simconnect reinstall from the troubleshooting FAQ?

When you press shift + 2,3,4 etc do you get a quick flash and then nothing.

Simconnect reinstall;
http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

Run the file and then restart your system.

thanks,
Lewis

msgtmac57
Airman

Post by msgtmac57 »

I've read my EZDoc manual. I have loaded nearly a hundred aircraft from many other websites that sell FSX aircraft, and they all work fine. I know how to use EZDoc. I don't use any of the key strokes for EZDoc that are required for "any" game within FSX; i.e. (SHFT+1,2,3, etc.)!

In answer to your question, "Do I get a flicker on the screen when I press (SHFT+1,2,3, etc.)?" Yes I do get the flicker. It is trying to bring up the screen connected to the KEY-PRESS that corresponds to it.

But you still haven't answered me on the situation, that when I mouse-click on the "map, and other graphic documents within the cockpit" I get the same "flicker-of-nothing".

I re-installed Accu-Sim, using the link you provided, but still nothing.

I request a REFUND. I'm tired of this back-and forth emailing.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

A2A has the best support, I'm sure Lewis and the rest of the crew will have you in the air shortly.
What sim are you using? FSX, FSX Steam Edition or P3D?
If you were able to do a preflight, then "Shift+8" must be working. That is a good sign!

The link provided by Lewis was not for Accu-Sim itself. this is for Simconnect. please run the latest Accu-Sim update from here: http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 20&t=57819 this is necessary even though you just downloaded your C182.

Hang in there! :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like your FSX is corrupt if the simconnect reinstall didn't work as the error you are seeing is a simconnect error. Are you sure you updated to SP2 standard using the FSX SP1 and SP2 packs OR the acceleration package?

thanks,
Lewis

msgtmac57
Airman

Post by msgtmac57 »

I am running FSX SP1 and SP2. I installed it a long time ago. (SHFT+8 isn't working. I did a "preflight" by right-clicking the screen, then clicking "Aircraft" on the pull down menu.)
- How do I make sure SP2 is installed in FSX? (I do have two scenery errors, every time FSX boots-up?!) (Is the information listed somewhere?)
- Can I download SP1 and SP2 from Microsoft for free? (All I have in my possession is, the original FSX Deluxe Disks still in the box I bought a long time ago.)
- And will the installation require me to lose all my numerous aircraft and ORBX scenery that I've paid for?

P.S. Most everything I purchase (Aircraft, Scenery, etc. require that I have SP1 and SP2)!

msgtmac57
Airman

Post by msgtmac57 »

I just re-installed FSX SP1 and SP2 again from the Microsoft website. That seemed to fix the Accu-Sim (SHFT+1,2,3,etc.)!
- But, I never did have a "nose tire, fairing, etc"! Not on any of the aircraft. This just didn't happen now; it was this way since I installed it the first time! It looks rediculous.
- But, I've got another problem too: I can't get the GPS to follow my flight plan (the magents lines)!
- Autopilot doesn't lock on to the altitude I dial-in either. (I was literally flying the plane without a break! This won't do for night flying!)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Are you familiar with the KAP140 autopilot? The unit must be updated exactly as the real life counterpart. It is not merely a matter of fishing an altitude and pressing ALT. The real world manual should be consulted for proper technique.

http://www.bendixking.com/HWL/media/PDF ... KAP140.pdf

Ezdoc improperly modifies the cameras in the aircraft config files and it ends up using the internal cameras for the external views. This causes the missing objects you are reporting. Check here for the solution.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/tzc9nv4qvyc8u2 ... 0Guide.pdf

As for the autopilot not following the GPS. Which GPS unit are you using and did you select GPS as the source instead of NAV for the CDI?

This is a very realistic simulation and has a steeper learning curve for the aircraft and avionics.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

msgtmac57 wrote:I just re-installed FSX SP1 and SP2 again from the Microsoft website. That seemed to fix the Accu-Sim (SHFT+1,2,3,etc.)!
- But, I never did have a "nose tire, fairing, etc"! Not on any of the aircraft. This just didn't happen now; it was this way since I installed it the first time! It looks rediculous.
Have you setup your aircraft in the hangar, there you can swap out and change the optional parts like the fairings etc.

thanks,
Lewis

Herman Klaver
Airman

Post by Herman Klaver »

Hello Lewis,

I have the same problem.

Have already reinstall the program ( A2A skylane 182 ) ,install all the updates incl.simconnect but the result is neg.

Cannot use the function shift+2,3,4,etc.

I get a quick short flash and then nothing.

Don't know what to do next.

B.R, Herman Klaver

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The solution for the op was to reinstall the service packs. This assumes that they were not using FSX Acceleration or FSX SE.

msgtmac57
Airman

Post by msgtmac57 »

:roll: I did re-install FSX, SP1, SP2 and then had to re-install everything else pertaining to FSX that I had previously! (ORBX, Steve's DX10 Fixer, scenery add-ons, aircraft, etc., etc., etc!)

But I will not reload A2A Simulations software again! I don't give a damn, that you won't give me a REFUND! Because I will not re-buy EZDoc again, and re-install my entire system! (Because I already did!) And it failed to operate the software!)

I have been downloading and re-installing Microsoft Service Packs 1 & 2!

I have been researching ORBX website Forum for procedures to re-install everything I own; and then printing the instructions, etc!

I can rant on, and on, but I'm tired of this back-and-forth email instructions from you!

"May your days be kind, and blissful!" "Thank you for your help, but it caused me so much time, energy and even money; that I can only wish you well, and say goodbye."

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

My last part was directed at Herman Klaver. I don't work for A2A, I'm just telling him what fixed the problem for you and everyone else. It is unfortunate that your sim was corrupt, but glad to hear it is working now.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”