GTN750 only as a pop-up

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

GTN750 only as a pop-up

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi everybody,
I had tot reinstall my 182 this week and after that the GTN750 isn't available in the cockpit anymore, only as a pop-up. I checked everything I could, even reinstalled the F1 config.tool but nothing helps. The GTN is present in the A2A folder in P3D:
https://i.imgsafe.org/629e29b727.png
and it is integrated in the panel in my RealAir Legacy, so I don't think the GTN itself is the culprite.
But when I go the "A2A C182 Aicraft Config._P3D" to try to change the GPS , I see something odd after clicking on the Flight little square. (I think, never took notice of it before because everything was working as it should.)The indication P3D is nowhere to be seen, instead there is indicated FSX 2 times. Is this "normal"?
https://i.imgsafe.org/628b85fe92.png
Could it be that the presence of Migration Tool on my PC could disturbe something. My 182 is P3D and I use M.T. only for my RealAir Piston Duke. When I fly my 182 (95% of the time) M.T. is disabled and it was never a problem before reinstalling the 182. The only thing I don't remember is if M.T. was Enabled when I reinstalled the 182 or not. Could this be it?

I'm thinking of installing the 182 anew once again if this could salve the problem, but I have another little question. In the 182 folder in P3D , at the bottom is an EXE-file "UNWISE.EXE" is this for removing the 182 the best way? When I literally translate "unwise" in Dutch (Flemisch) it's not meaning "delete" or something like that. You could translate it in something like "not smart to do", so I'm 100% sure if it is for removing the 182 from my system (I only guess it is). I'm a bit reluctant to use it, can you confirm my way of thinking, or not? Please also some exact info for this.

Thanks in advance for your always willing to help.
Kind Reagrds,
Eddy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: GTN750 only as a pop-up

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

upon reinstalling have you re-run the updater to update your simulation?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi Lewis,
yes I did, but I will do it again later today. You never know, computers! :D :mrgreen:

I'll keep you posted.

Regards, Eddy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Upon the reinstall did you delete the update folder to enable to next update to run through correctly?

thanks,
Lewis

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Euhhh....
This is Chinese to me, you know I'm no computer genius. So I didn't do that because I didn't know. Sorry, but where is that Update folder to be found? I just ran the update again (before reading this reply) ans I got the message "Latest version already installed" (version 01_17_17)

I will see if I can find those updat folder(s) and delete them all. Do I have to remove the 182 also then, and is the "Unwise.exe" the way to do it?

Sorry again for what maybe seems to be stupid questions for well seasoned computer guys :oops: :)
Regards,
Eddy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Eddy,

no worries whatsoever. The update for the 182 is in your sim directory in the A2A folder. For example on the laptop I'm on ATM for the 172 the directory is;
\FSX\A2A\Cessna172

Inside there is a folder called: Update_fsx

If you delete that update folder, you can re-run the updater which will detect the missing update folder and re-apply all updates for the 182.

Let us know how you get on
thanks,
Lewis - A2A

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hi Lewis,
good news, everything ok, but..... I did what you propsed but to no avail. What I did was, as metioned before, uninstalled evrything concerning A2A I could find and then, before installing the 182 again, I uninstalled Migration Tool so this couldn't be of any unwanted influence during the install of the 182. Bingo! In the 182 configuration tool there was no longer visible" FSX" but now it indicates "P3D Prepared" as it should (see attachement and compare to the one in the O.P.) So my hunch was right I guess, somewhere along the previous install things got probably messed up due to M.T.. Right or wrong, doesn't matter, everything OK now.
But maybe something to remember if that question pop's up again by somebody else, you never know it might work for them too.

https://i.imgsafe.org/8a551bfe8d.png

The only weird thing now is that I get a warning I've never seen before, but so far everything seems to work fine. Don't know what this means, but hey, you can't win them all ! :D

https://i.imgsafe.org/8a5539a65a.png

What I didn't mention in the O.P. was that the vertical line on the magnetic compass was missing too. Now after the reïnstall it's also back. Just to let you know.

Kind regards, and till the next problem :lol: :!: :?:

Eddy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff Eddy, did you run the updater too?

thanks,
Lewis

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

The latest update I found, and ran, was this: A2A_Update_01_17_17. And from the little bit I know, the most recent update includes all the previous updates most of the time, so I think this is ok.

There is another issue what's enoying me for quite some time. I have the Saitek Throttle quadrant, and I do all my callibrations via FSUIPC4 (payed version). My throttle lever works, how should I say it, not linear. The first and the last 25% of the movement gives almost no reaction, and the middle 50% is very sensitive. Is this "normal" or is there something wrong with the callibration. (on the "controle panel" in P3D itself - which is uncecked as it should be, all my sliders are full right for sensitivity and no deadzones (full left) nevertheless. Realism sliders also full right. I don't use the Saitek software that separately must be downloaded. Any clue (someone) ?

Thanks again for the support Lewis, and hopefully an answer for the throttle issue. (anybody)

Regards,
Eddy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'm not an FSUIPC user so cant help there I'm afraid but I'm sure someone can. Now your up and running maybe start a new thread with FSUIPC in the title so one of the FSUIPC users can help you out, theirs so many settings and options with FSUIPC it can be quite a nightmare to sometimes get ones head around it.

Might be worth checking in FS though that theirs no deadzones etc set and you have full sensitivity set in the sim.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”