Aircraft movement

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
abh_jc_03
Airman First Class

Aircraft movement

Post by abh_jc_03 »

I have tried all my a2a aircraft and I can go full throttle and none of them will move. Parking brake is off of course. Any thoughts?

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Aircraft movement

Post by GlennC »

Much more info please. Tell us about the PC, operating system, hardware spec and so on. Also, what variant of FSX/P3D? Exactly which aircraft? Do non-A2A aircraft work OK? Did they ever work? Have you run the latest A2A update? With that, we might be able to help.

Glenn

abh_jc_03
Airman First Class

Post by abh_jc_03 »

I have windows 8 with FSX acceleration installed. All my other aircraft work fine. I use SPAD for my waiter saitek hardware. I have the yoke,throttle and rudder pedals. Strange things occur. If I load a saved flight for instance in my Carenado the Carenado is fine but when I go to switch to an A2A aircraft I'll get a simconnect error occasionally. I use FSUIPC as well. It never use to have that error until I did the recent update. I was able to load my saved flight, change to default trike and then to my Cherokee with no problems. Started up the aircraft and pushed in the throttle but the aircraft didn't move. This happened to all my A2A aircraft. I tried the C172,182,Cherokee 180 and piper comanche. Not sure where to go from herewhere to go from here.

abh_jc_03
Airman First Class

Post by abh_jc_03 »

Windows 7 sorry not windows 8.

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

To be sure I understand, your default flight is based on a default aircraft? If so, and you switch to the A2A Cherokee, can you fly?

I almost never switch aircraft in mid session because things typically get confused. I don't have FSUIPC and don't know what SPAD is so if they are part of the problem, I might not be much help. It is possible that Simconnect is involved, maybe reinstall it?

My recommendation to start, is don't switch aircraft after FSX loads and you switch, only once, to the aircraft you intend to fly. If you want to change aircraft shut down FSX and reload. I don't remember the trigger. But, there was a Windows update that changed the performance a while back.

Another thought, I'm not at my FSX machine so I can't try this, maybe go into the controller settings, disable the controller, and re-enable. See if that helps.

For what it's worth, I'm flying in Windows 10, up do date, with a Logitech controller.

Glenn

abh_jc_03
Airman First Class

Post by abh_jc_03 »

What I'm doing is flying to my airports in orbx PNW. I land and save the aircraft I am flying, then later I reload that flight and change aircraft to continue on to my next airport.

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

I did something like that a few years ago in FS9, all around the continental US as close to the borders as I could get without crossing one. It took some time.

Let's try an experiment: Leave your last saved flight for now. Start a new flight with a default saved flight and aircraft anywhere you like. Switch to an A2A aircraft, maybe the 182 since that's the forum we are in. A PNW airport should be OK. See what happens. If it works, you can carry on from there. If not, we may need to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Glenn

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you might be switching aircraft too much and or have a corrupt saved flight. Simply start a new flight as if you are stopping at an airport theres no need to load a saved flight just start a new flight at the last place you landed. The simconnect error will result in issues such as you are seeing.

Another option is to reinstall simconnect and then restart your computer.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”