No Sound, Lost Hours

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kilmer
Airman

No Sound, Lost Hours

Post by kilmer »

Hello. I have been reading some real horror stories about this, but I have not run across a complete loss of all sounds AND all hours lost at the same time. I just flew this plane a couple of days ago and had about 145 hours built up. Now, there is no sound of any kind and the hours have been lost.

I have been reading about simconnect, but I'm not sure that is the problem because the 172 and the Pipers still work, as does the 377. My Flight1 King Air B200 also works fine. In fact, I have not noticed any other planes with any problems. It seems to me that if simconnect is the culprit, I would be having similar problems with these other airplanes. Is that a reasonable assumption?

The only thing different about the 182 is that I had the GTN750 and 650 in it. They were working fine. I just upgraded them to their latest 1.20 version and they appear to be working still. However, I did not take a flight. Now that I want to take the 182 up, I have discovered these bizarre problems. I swapped in the default GPS hoping to isolate the problem, but without any change. Also, I do not seem to be having any difficulties with any other planes similarly equipped.

I am not seeing any simconnect errors. The default 172 has all its gauges and seems to be operating correctly.

Before I reinstall the Skylane, guaranteeing I lose my hours, or go destroying my machine with a complete reinstall of FSX and all the tons of things I have added to it, I would like to get some ideas from anyone else who may have any. Thanks.

Gene

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No Sound, Lost Hours

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Not sure what horror stories you have read but the loss of sound is normally a simple windows setting or simconnect issue and quick simconnect file run with a system restart.

what happened between it working and not working?

Any new software, any new FS tweaks etc?

Are you on the latest Accu-sim updater from us?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

kilmer
Airman

Post by kilmer »

Hello, Lewis. Oh, you are a brave man attempting to wade into this. The horror stories are folks having to uninstall and reinstall FSX and having to deal with all that entails and sometimes having to rebuild the entire computer. Nothing unusual happened between the Skylane working and it not working. I took two flights with the Strat that were successful (insofar that I can successfully fly it). I took one flight with the King Air. Nothing unusual. I did not tweak the simulator. I may have installed Ultimate Traffic 2 from Flight1. I have had that before without anything strange happening. I fly with a dedicated machine and so do not install anything on it but software related to flight simulation. I have not changed any Windows settings. All simulator sounds, including sounds from all my other airplanes, are still working. The King Air maintains a log of hours and landings and has a maintenance schedule that is still working. I already mentioned that I upgraded the GTN750, but it still works in the Skylane and in the other planes where it is installed. All my other planes still work correctly. I just do not know what happened. No, I have not updated Accu-sim yet. I was waiting for the dust around the landing gear of the Connie to settle before I bought it and updated Accu-sim.

Are you telling me there is an easier way to fix simconnect than reinstalling FSX? Most everyone who says anything about it says reinstalling FSX is how to fix it. I do not even know that it is broken because none of my other planes are affected. I suppose I would try that next. How do I do that?

Gene

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Not sure where those horror stories come from but you wont see them here on our forums for a normally simple sound issue.

The simconnect file from our general troubleshooting FAQ;
http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

Accu-sim sounds play through the default sound device on windows, and the volume is under the shift + 3 menu. You can also check for muted sound using the fsx key, by default this is Q.

Do you have internal and external sound?

How are you launching the sim?

What is the default flight in your sim?

thanks,
Lewis

kilmer
Airman

Post by kilmer »

Hello, Lieutenant Colonel Lewis. I am just a lowly Airman myself. The Simconnect installer did not change anything. I checked the volume on your Shift+3 menu and it was, indeed, turned down. How did that happen? I do not know. So now I have sound, but still zero hours. Also, I reinstalled the Skylane with a fresh download and the configuration utility does not know that I have both the GTN750 and 650. Didn't it used to present the option of swapping in one or the other or both? I am pretty sure I had both installed previously.

I would like to get both GTNs in if I could. I don't suppose there is anyway to get my hours back. I can live with that.

Gene

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

From the sounds of it your hours will be lost as you reloaded the aircraft so even the backups will now be back ups of the zero hour airframe, you can still check though. The located of the .dat files that hold all the hours can be accessed and there you will find several .dat backups.

For example on my system the location is;
Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182

Inside you will find the main .dat file and several .dat.bak files. The .bak are the backups, you can remove the .bak from the filename replacing the existing .dat file and try that with the five incase one still has the hours you have lost.

With regards the GPS options you will want to make sure you are all updated. Go to this location in your FSX directory;
\FSX\A2A\Cessna182

And delete the Update_fsx folder and then run the latest Updater;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis

kilmer
Airman

Post by kilmer »

All fixed, Colonel. Thanks. You can stand down now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear, happy flying in the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”