Aircraft cannot move with full power applied in P3Dv3.4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kevinsue
Airman

Aircraft cannot move with full power applied in P3Dv3.4

Post by kevinsue »

Since moving over to the latest version of P3Dv3.4 and the latest A2A update, there seems to be an intermittent problem with Accusim not loading with the aircraft. After loading my default flight which is the Maule 260C at a default airport and then loading the A2A C182 (or any A2A aircraft) everything works but after a normal engine start, the Vac gauge keeps fluctuating rapidly between 0 and 5" and the AH remains toppled.

After releasing the parking brake and applying full power, the aircraft remains stuck in the same position. Accusim is obviously not working as the nose remains in the same position when applying fore and aft elevator. The only solution is to shut down the engine and restart using autostart. As soon as the engine starts, the aircraft will roll forward quickly leading to a panic trying not to run into anything until the throttle and brakes sync to the controllers! After the auto start, everything works as advertised and the engine can be started normally for the remainder of the flight.

I found this old thread (link below) in the Skylane forum which pretty well sums up the problem.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 20&t=50883
Best Regards...Kev*
"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aircraft cannot move with full power applied in P3Dv3.4

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Reload the default flight, by creating a new one, something in your existing one sounds like its preventing simconnect from loading up correctly.

A simconnect reinstall and system restart wouldn't hurt either.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

kevinsue
Airman

Post by kevinsue »

Hi Lewis, I have used different and new default scenarios before loading any A2A aircraft and this issue still occurs intermittently. This anomaly has only happened when using P3D 3.4 and you can tell that there will be a problem because as soon as the engine starts, the vac gauge fluctuates from 0 to 5" Hg. If you shut down the engine and use autostart, everything returns to normal except occasionally there is no external engine sound. I will try reinstalling Simconnect and see if that resolves the issue.
Best Regards...Kev*
"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes it sounds like the intialisation issue then, esp if the external sound isnt working as that is not Accu-sim controlled but default P3D system controlled so your part of the core platform is failing there.

Simconnect reinstall might help you but i'd be double checking those default flights you are creating are very basic with default P3D aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”