Reading engine details from FSUIPC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Passero
Airman

Reading engine details from FSUIPC

Post by Passero »

I am working on an advanced analytics application that keeps track of a lot of info from your plane.
Currenty I am working on the engine performance monitoring. Therefore I try to obtain engine RPM, oil temp, pressure and so on.

In FSUIPC these variables are supported and when I obtain them while flying an a2a aircraft, the values do not reflect the gauges.
For example when I get he engine or prop RPM, the value in FSUIPC is a few 100 RPM off from the indicated value.
I notice something similar for oil temp. The value FSUIPC obtains from FSX is 20-30 degrees (Celsius) lower than indicated.

Is there any information available on how to obtain the correct values from an a2a aircraft?

When I test with the out of the box cessna or with the carenado cessna, the values are always spot on so it is an a2a thing.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Reading engine details from FSUIPC

Post by Oracle427 »

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=40389

This is from the 172 Tech Support forum, but it should get you started.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes - you'll have to use L:Vars or "local panel variables" for most of the engine parameters due to the custom code which the A2A guys have created. Most of the L:Vars are interchangeable between the 172 and 182 so the link Oracle posted should be fine. However, A2A also created a version specifically for the Skylane which can be found here. (Linked from within the FAQ thread.)

Cheers,
Nick

Passero
Airman

Post by Passero »

Great thanks! That's really helpful.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”