C182 Skylane access denied to panel.cfg and ac.cfg

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Armand REA
Airman Basic

C182 Skylane access denied to panel.cfg and ac.cfg

Post by Armand REA »

Dear Sirs,

Trying to install Flight1 GTN 750 in C182 Skylane with C182 Aircraft Configurator, I had an issue described as follows :

Running C182 Aircraft Configurator (FSX).
Click on "GPS" ; click on "Flight1" ; click "OK".

Error message : "Can't swap panel.cfg file. C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182\panel\panel.cfg access denied"

Click "OK" ; information window : "the changes will take effect after the next time you run FSX".
Click "OK" ; click "back" ; close the Configurator window ; Saving message : "Can't save/write cfg.file" ; click "OK".

Information window with 3 options : "details", "continue", "quit".
Details option says : " access denied to C:\program files...\.....\A2A\Cessna 182\Tools\ac.cfg

Click on "Quit" option. Reloading FSX and C182, no GTN 750 in the cockpit.

F.y.g. the Flight1 GTN 750 has been duly installed on my computer and I did not run the Flight1 GTN configurator because I want to have the GTN 750 embeeded in the VC cockpit, not as a pop up 2D panel window.

Thank you for your assistance to fix that issue.
Best regards
Armand.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: C182 Skylane access denied to panel.cfg and ac.cfg

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Try to run the Flight1 GTN 750 installer as "Administrator". (right click on the exe file and select "run as administrator")
It looks like the GTN 750 installer, has not enough permissions. Then when you run the configurater of the GTN750 or C182, do it again as admin.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

it does sound like a permissions error. You will want to make sure you right click and select run as admin.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Armand REA
Airman Basic

Post by Armand REA »

Hello,

many thanks to both of you. I right clicked and ran GTN 750 and C182 as administrator and access granted successfully. I performed my first local flight today (LFML -LFMV), I have to go back to settings to activate COM1 NAV1 avionic (unable to call ATC and no operable VLOC mode, additionnaly no frequency displayed on DME : impossible to switch from remote to frequency position). I presume I will manage to fix that.

Congratulations for the realistic behavior of C 182 Skylane ! and the sounds are so lovely !!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Armand REA wrote:additionnaly no frequency displayed on DME : impossible to switch from remote to frequency position). I presume I will manage to fix that.
That sounds a bit odd Armand. Do you mean that the RMT / FREQ selector doesn't move, and that the DME unit screen remains blank, even with the unit switched on (and the batery and avionics bus too)? If so, do the other default avionics (e.g. the ADF and transponder) seem to work okay?

I guess the first thing to check is that you've downloaded and installed the Accu-Sim update from here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

Thanks,
Nick

Armand REA
Airman Basic

Post by Armand REA »

Hello,

I tried again. DME is OK (and all other avionics too), it was my fault not to use the mouse properly, please apologize. I just had to click and right drag the small square knob with the mouse pointer from "remote" position to "frequency" position. Then I can select a VOR/ILS frequency number with the round knob and have the distance displayed on the DME screen. Like in the real avionic !

Same fix with the COM1/NAV1 inactive on GTN 750 : it was just because the default COM1/NAV1 stack, "behind" the GTN 750 embedded, remained OFF when the GTN 750 is ON. So, I set back the default avionic, turned the default stack to ON, set the GTN 750 again, and created a default flight (with a "cold and dark" configuration). Now my C182 Skylane is full ready to fly !!

Thanks for your assistance,
Best regards,
Armand.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad it's all sorted Armand. Happy flying! :wink:

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying the virtual skies.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”