windows updates for a2a aircraft to run.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
geeson618
Airman

windows updates for a2a aircraft to run.

Post by geeson618 »

I have recently reformatted my windows 7 laptop. I had fsx with the a2a b17, spitfire, p47, and quite a few more all running fine before the reformatt. However when i reinstalled the fsx and the a2a aircraft, i remembered that to get them all to run, ( they appear fragmented, incomplete in the aircraft selection window in fsx) i had to install windows updates sp1 and sp2. or so i remember. But ive got sp1, but cant find sp2 for windows 7. I cant get my a2a aircraft to run at the moment. I did before so what is it i have forgot to do.
Thanks
steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: windows updates for a2a aircraft to run.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

Service Packs 1 and 2 for Microsoft Flight Simulator X can be downloaded here: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... ads/Pages/.

Nick

geeson618
Airman

Post by geeson618 »

Hi
Thanks for the help. I actually remebered these and downloaded sp1. But i cant get the sp2 to load. But the sp1 got the planes to show up. Waht im now up against is that i cant get the menus to serice the aircraft. like the checklist, the hanger, all that happens is i get a black pop up and nothing else. So i cant interact. ORBX has finaly worked for me. Ive got 16mb of RAM, an i5 quad core and a 960 card in one pc and a 970 in another. But they are both showing the same symptoms. The scenery and planes look great and the fsx [lanes all load, but ive got this glitch with the a2a. As its on both pcs there must be a fix, as it must have occured with others at the stage im now at. Would it have anything to do with sp2?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes you will get many errors unless your FSX is updated to either SP2 or Acceleration standard. FSX:Steam edition comes updated already.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

geeson618
Airman

Post by geeson618 »

Hi
Thanks for the advice
Ive updated to sp2 and now i cant see the preview screen at all. I think its iether running it straight pr getting it all from all the right pots and pans and knowing where they all are in the kitchen. (speaking metaphorically)
But what a great way to spend a bit of time when its all in the right order. I used to dash off to Duxford and spend a fortune. This is just great. They are all yours as well. I deliver Bouncy castles to all the bases so i still get to see all the chaps anyhow.
Cheers
Steve

geeson618
Airman

Post by geeson618 »

Im from Bourne Lincs. Central to all the airs bases. I do embroidered work and leisure wear and have an engraving compnay as well as a bouncy castle hire business, so we get to work on the air bases for all of this in one way or another. The best thing is when we do the Crawell graduation parties for 57sqdn. then they go on to York mess, from there they are then transferred to a role. Some do multi engines and others do the jet training. But then years later we get calls from places like Conningsby and there are some of the guys i saw all the way through college. Thats great

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did the FSX SP1 and SP2 installations run OK?

thanks,
Lewis

geeson618
Airman

Post by geeson618 »

Hi
Yes they cured the thing where the menu (shift 123456..) wouldnt show. But now by b17 s co pilot is repeating the engine start up again and again and its not starting one engine at a time.
The plane its self ran better when running FSX straight. It all worked as it does in the familiarisation videos. Actually the scenery isnt that bad iether. But Im trying to get it all to work with orbx. Thats when it gets harder. Whats the steam edition like and how do you add A2A planes and scenery. Is it plug and go. Ive had enough of trying to get it to work. Solve one problem and up pops another that didnt exist before. Yes it looks good so long as you can get it all working. Will i do better with the steam edition?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you have not configured your FSX to work with the simulation. At the beginning of the manual is the requirements. It looks like at the moment you have auto mixture enabled which is resulting in the issue with the co-pilot you mention.

thanks,
Lewis

geeson618
Airman

Post by geeson618 »

Hi
Yes I did recognise that as i remember reloading everything. But here is a new issue.
Bearing in mind all the other aircraft work as they should control wise and sound wise both internally and externally.(A2A craft)
I was not aware of this until i tried the T6 Harvard.
I checked the sound settings in FSX. cockpit on
Controller settings. Ok
All bove as always.
But no sound in the cockpit at all, even engine noise.
The throttle responds, but nothing else. And yes the control locks are not locked.

By the way, how do you get a second pilot in the t6 and ive only got the one livery which is silver.
How do i get the Yellow.

Thanks

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
On the fsx aircraft selection page , tick the box to show all , then you will see all the aircraft variants for aqny given aircraft.
As for rear seat pax and loading the cargo shift:4 , where you load fuel/pax/cargo/oil exctra.
As for sound in cockpit , is the sounds on the A2A turned down , cannot recall of hand which window it is IE shift+1 or 2 excetra.
regards alan. 8)

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Alongside Alans advice, I suggest spending some time Referencing The Fine Manuals.

Unlike with lesser products, it's not there to pad out the package size! You CANNOT operate the aircraft correctly until you are familiar with it. :lol:

geeson618
Airman

Post by geeson618 »

Hi
Yes ive never seen that tiny box. Thanks All the varients come up now.
But coming back to the T6
where all the other craft work in every aspect, this does not. No controls except throttle, no sound at all exept on outside views.
It used to. Still does on an older pc.
The thing is when I first had the FSX, i ran it straight, ie no orbx. no updates after update. I just cranked up all the settings and all the aircraft operated is i would want them to.
I looked at the ORBX scenery and thought how good it would be to have it. But to make it work I had to download this and that. Its upset a lot. This and all the other craft were fine.
Now im getting problems that just were never there and this is one of them.
Thanks

geeson618
Airman

Post by geeson618 »

I reloaded the T6.
It all works now. Something had altered it.
Cheers
Steve. As an afterthought I do think that if one is going down the ORBX route, get that going first with the large inlays like the global and vector updates and all that, then put the airports you have in, ive got England and some of the North American overlays on top of the ORNX globa and vevtor, then specifics, then... load the A2A aircraft. Well this worked for me anyway.
Havnr got to the occulus yet but thats next. Picking up the monster pc today actually.
Then we will see.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like somewhere along the way something got corrupted or overwritten. Glad to hear your up and flying now

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”