PilotEdge users C182 ident button

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jiva602
Airman

PilotEdge users C182 ident button

Post by jiva602 »

Hello, I am unable to use the transponder widget provided in the PE client and must "ident" directly in my virtual cockpit.
It worked fine during one flight last week-told to ident by LA tower, pressed button in VC, voilà, radar contact.
However, on other occasions, like yesterday, asked to ident, pressed button on cockpit panel , an "R" appeared next to code on transponder indicating it was pressed, but controller didn't "see me" :(

Anyone else with this issue? I will check the PE forums as well, just thought I would cross reference here with this stellar group of pilots :)

Thanks, Jiva
N108ES

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: PilotEdge users C182 ident button

Post by n421nj »

I wonder if it worked the first time or if the controller was just pretending it did.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jiva,

I don't think FSX has any inbuild functionality for 'squawk ident', but if you use a registered copy of FSUIPC you could try the "Xpndr Ident (sb4)" control. No experience of PilotEdge personally, but a quick web search for "SB4 Ident" threw up this on their forum which seems to suggest it would work.

Cheers,
Nick

jiva602
Airman

Post by jiva602 »

Thanks Nick, I saw that post on PE but wanted to check in here as well. As I am making the switch to P3D soon, I think I will also download the FSUIPC payed version-it seems worth it and looks like it will solve my ident issue.
The PE transponder widget doesn't get along with my other screens and I have to keep it disabled. Downloading more and more workarounds and "fixes" makes me nervous but I'm going to try it.

Thanks again Nick :)
N108ES

Goblin
Airman Basic

Post by Goblin »

Hi Jiva,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm had to switch to XPlane11 and fly the '172 on PE to get a working transponder. But I miss my Skylane! I'd rather not have to ditch the GTN750, but I'm thinking that might be what I have to do.

Thanks,

Mike

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”