Strange FSX steam c182 crash of FSX fatial error

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Roland Ives
Airman

Re: Strange FSX steam c182 crash of FSX fatial error

Post by Roland Ives »

I have tried a number of fixes even a change to the registry but nothing has eliminated the crash and the steam thinks that fsx is still running problem. I will keep digging and get back to you
Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Roland - do you have many add-ons other than the A2A aircraft installed?

Thanks,
Nick

Roland Ives
Airman

Post by Roland Ives »

Yes Nick I have a lot of ORBX also mjc dash8 Q400, Coronado a/c, ezdoc, asn 2016, pfpx, topcat, sim720 KSAB and god knows what else been simming for years. I use scenery edit to control scenery and to get better load times.
I do not think the scenery is at fault because what ever scenery is active fsx se still dose the same crash. I think that it is a steam problem. when I installed every thing on a new computer steam included all installs use fsx with the right path to the steam fsx folder and all is well with that. I think that steam is looking for a fsx-se folder on shut down. I tried a regedit fix but the problem still goes on. so I set it back. the timing of the crash is always exact music comes on plays to exact point and then crash.
Thanks Roland

Roland Ives
Airman

Post by Roland Ives »

Hi all
I just can not figure this out. Just flew from Whiteman KWHP to Santa a Barbara KSBA in my Real Air Duke Piston landed shut down and ended flight and there was no fsx crash. It seems that the crash happens with the A2A a/c don't know what to make of it.

Roland Ives
Airman

Post by Roland Ives »

OK OK everyone I have solved the problem. I tracked down the bug to the Flight1 GTN750 that is installed in my A2A 182 this was the cause of the crash in FSX SE. Fix is to reinstall the GTN750 with all the up to date patches. Now all is well. I hope this will be of help to
others who may have the same problem. For me a part of the fun is fixing the bugs along the way it can take me some time but I can mostly fix things on my own but I do get great direction from tech support from the guys at A2A
Thanks All and I hope this will help someone else

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you managed to track it down Roland. Its one of those annoying things I think many of us have experienced but so few tend to track down the issue, so good job man. Ive not had one in a long time but I don't currently have the GTN installed and I experienced it with a default aircraft which I will admit to still sometimes enjoying (with Accu-feel of course).

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”