Aircraft Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aircraft Configurator

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Buzz71 wrote:I'm also having problems with the configuration ... but for me it is the GPS side. I am trying to install the 750 into the C182 but despite running the configurator as admin I still am getting the access denied message for the panel.cfg file.
Are you right clicking and selecting run as admin?

Also if still getting it, it sounds like a basic windows folder permissions issue. You can click on your route sim folder be it fsx or p3d and change your folder options so your user account has full read and write access + tick the box so it filters down to all folders and files within the root of your sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Buzz71
Airman Basic

Post by Buzz71 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Buzz71 wrote:I'm also having problems with the configuration ... but for me it is the GPS side. I am trying to install the 750 into the C182 but despite running the configurator as admin I still am getting the access denied message for the panel.cfg file.
Are you right clicking and selecting run as admin?

Also if still getting it, it sounds like a basic windows folder permissions issue. You can click on your route sim folder be it fsx or p3d and change your folder options so your user account has full read and write access + tick the box so it filters down to all folders and files within the root of your sim.

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis

Have done all that and still no access, I get the same message. Bothe users and admins have full access for all folders within Prepar3d.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

In that case check your anti-virus or malware software isn't interfering. Something on your system is preventing a file being modified hence the windows message you are receiving.

thanks,
Lewis

Buzz71
Airman Basic

Post by Buzz71 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:In that case check your anti-virus or malware software isn't interfering. Something on your system is preventing a file being modified hence the windows message you are receiving.

thanks,
Lewis
I've tried disabling the anti virus and still the same issue. Using Trend Micro. Completely baffled and frustrated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Buzz71 wrote:I've tried disabling the anti virus and still the same issue. Using Trend Micro. Completely baffled and frustrated!!
You could try going into the "panel" directory for the aircraft in question, making a copy of the "panel_F1_750.cfg" and renaming it to just "panel.cfg" (make a backup of the existing panel.cfg first).

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes it;d be interesting to hear if able to save that change or if the folder is still locked out and not opened to allow the user account full read/write/modify access.

thanks,
Lewis

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes it;d be interesting to hear if able to save that change or if the folder is still locked out and not opened to allow the user account full read/write/modify access.

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis, in my case I'm able to change panel config and any file in or under my pp3d installation.

I was finally able to 'fix', my 3d lights situation by doing what I hope was a 'clean installation', by uninstalling everything a2a, including accusim dll.
re started to 'safe boot'. I then ran the installers including the updates, while in safe mode. I then ran the configurators (still in safe mode).

Even then, the setting did not seem to hold till I ran the configurators a second time. (At the end of the first run the configurators still showed the default setting after hitting the back button).
After the second run, the settings seem to hold. I then did a (normal), Windows start and ran the Sim. All was well.
I have not messed with the lights side of the configurators since, for fear of having to go through this whole scenario again. So I'm not sure all is well but now the 3d lights work. Once is enough. This been going on from Oct. 18th or before.

Thank you all for your help and input in trying to resolve this issue.

Though I have to add that while A2A is undoubtedly the best producers of GA and Military prop airplanes, and I will continue to support them; on this issue I was very disappointed with the level of tech support I received.

I have been begging for information on how to do a clean un install including what registry key to remove. All I have gotten is the basic information which I already knew.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Robin,

good to hear you got it sorted. Sorry you felt that way about the support you received, troubleshooting is a step by step process that can be totally ruined by skipping steps. I also skipped the clean reinstall part as the uninstall option would have been enough and I know from the issue that it was a windows security/registration issue. Hence the concentration on the wider issue to help try to diagnose the underlying issue so it doesnt pop up again with or without our software in the picture so to speak.

thanks,
Lewis

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey Robin,

good to hear you got it sorted. Sorry you felt that way about the support you received, troubleshooting is a step by step process that can be totally ruined by skipping steps. I also skipped the clean reinstall part as the uninstall option would have been enough and I know from the issue that it was a windows security/registration issue. Hence the concentration on the wider issue to help try to diagnose the underlying issue so it doesnt pop up again with or without our software in the picture so to speak.

thanks,
Lewis
Not a big thing Lewis.
Fact is though I managed to 'get things working' again, its really not fixed. I felt brave and switched back to standard lights on the Cherokee, and then back to the custom lights. Lo and behold the problem came back. I then resorted to my 'safe boot' method to get them back.
It would be good to find out what the problem is.
You say that it might be a security or registration problem. Could it be that I don't have full 'ownership'. I use an app called 'take ownership', to take full rights.
When I go to the security tab of my pp3d folder, it shows that all users and groups have full read and write access. I have also allowed pp3d and all things a2a through my firewall. PP3d is also excluded from my anti virus software.

Any ideas or changes you recommend would be appreciated.
Hope you or others will continue to work with me to properly resolve this; and it would be nice to know exactly how to do a 'clean un-install', including registry.

Thanks.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”