C 182-Port elevator trim appears to be missing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
simmyjiff
Airman

C 182-Port elevator trim appears to be missing

Post by simmyjiff »

Hi, I've been working through the controls of the C182, which I downloaded last week and have a problem with the trim, I am using the Saitek, yoke, rudder pedals and now a Cessna trim wheel. My first problem was the assignment of the trim controller but after looking into the Saitec support this has been resolved. the problem I have now appears to be the lack of the trim elevator on the Port side, ( forgive me if it isn't referred to as that, but I'm a bit of a newbie?) Clearly something was amiss when I was flying, so I decided to take a look on the ground, one of my external cameras is set to view the tail and when I operate the trim wheel only the starboard side is working, on close inspection of the port side the 'trim elevator is completely missing?? I have checked the aircraft included in the download but all have the same problem, also in addition to a repaint I downloaded. Now I haven't a clue what's happened here, I don't recall doing anything out of the ordinary, and I can't find any mention in the forum, does anyone have an idea what has happened, I presume if there isn't an answer then the best thing to do is reinstall? thanks for reading and also for any ideas you can throw at me...
Jim

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: C 182-Port elevator trim appears to be missing

Post by lonewulf47 »

Well, there is nothing missing, don't worry :D . There is simply no port trim tab... As the two elevator surfaces are mounted on a common shaft and the trim tab is quite large there is no need of a second trim tab.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

DOH!! Oh, okay, thanks for that! I thought that maybe there would be an imbalance, I must admit i didn't try it again, that I will do immediately! Not sure if I can ask another query, but, the check-lists do not appear as they do in the manual, and I can only view the info panels from the drop down views, and not shift+ etc, perhaps it was changed with the update?
Thanks for you help anyway, very much appreciated!
Jim

simmyjiff
Airman

Post by simmyjiff »

All working fine now! :P
Thank you

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Same goes with aileron trim tabs in most airplanes so equipped - only another of the ailerons have one, as they are mechanically connected anyway, and position of the other control surface rigidly positions the other one too. Likewise, elevators form a single rigid structure, So two trim tabs would be of more harm than good. :)

Usually dual tabs (or full-length tabs) are a sign of that they work as (anti-)servo tabs too, as in Cherokee.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”