Cockpit Shimmering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Avio
Staff Sergeant

Cockpit Shimmering

Post by Avio »

For years now I've been using tweaks that eliminate cockpit instruments shimmering, but with the new 182 it seems the shimmering is back, as also evident from Scott's promo video of the 182. The shimmering effect in the Piper Cherokee is much reduced with display almost rock solid.

Is there any further tweaks I could do to get rid of the shimmering? Done that years ago and I can't quite recall what those tweaks were.

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cockpit Shimmering

Post by Neon »

Hmmm that's wierd. I've never seen this, either in FSX or in videos. What video
card are you using, and is it's driver up to date? Also check your vers of Direct X.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Yep seems weird as the A2A piper cockpit shows up fine. I believe my versions are all up to date.

The shimmering showed up in Scott's video too -- look at clip at 2:40 minutes. It shows up whether playing from PC or iPad.

aeronauta
Senior Airman

Post by aeronauta »

It does not do it with the engine stopped.... I have it only on the radios horizontal lines mot the round instruments...probably due to antialiasing settings. I use P3D 2.4

Jorge

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

aeronauta wrote:It does not do it with the engine stopped.... I have it only on the radios horizontal lines mot the round instruments...probably due to antialiasing settings. I use P3D 2.4
Yes, of course it does not if the engine is stopped :lol: The whole panel is vibrating upon engine power applied. The so called "shimmering" is nothing else than the picture displacing by +/- 1 pixel. Depending on the anti-alias settings it is more or less visible. Remember, we have nowadays monitor screens (or even TV sets) that can display each pixel exactly at its place, no wash-out due to Cathode Ray drawing. IMHO this is one disadvantage of modern screens and not easily to overcome without losing picture sharpness e.g. by Anti-Aliasing as mentioned.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”