Can't start cessna 182

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flouderman
Airman Basic

Can't start cessna 182

Post by flouderman »

Hello. I purchased the cessna 182 a few weeks ago and had no problems. Now I can't get the plane to start even w/ ctrl-E. Help! Thanks.

flouderman
Airman Basic

Re: Can't start cessna 182

Post by flouderman »

Actually now I'm having the exact same problem with the A2A Spitfire - it will not start up, even w/ ctrl-E. Just like the 182, it initially worked fine and now is not. I purchased both of these in the past month. I have applied the Accusim update after the problem occurred but that did not resolve the issue. I am not having any issues with any flight simulator aircraft or any other third party aircraft I have purchased. Thanks for any help here!

Fred Louderman

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Ctrl-E is not the means of auto starting the 182 engine. Use Shift-3 and Auto-Start from there, if you are going to auto-start.

When you say you have updated the 182, have you updated to the Nov 20th version? http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279

If I remember correctly, starting issues were addressed in this update.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

flouderman
Airman Basic

Post by flouderman »

Al, thanks very much for the tip. I did previously install the 11-20 update. When I did shift-3 at first it didn't work but then when I reset the data and the engine started right up, so now I'm up and flying, thanks! I didn't know the shift windows were all there, so now I'm taking a closer look at the accusim manual, not just the pilot's manual.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Better pay very close attention to Shift-7 (the Hangar) and ANY little issue that show up (not just what is on the clipboard). AccuSim birds will bite you if you do not treat them right. And even then.....sometimes they bite you just for grins and giggles; as I recently relearned: http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 15&t=43175
Al Heline

flouderman
Airman Basic

Post by flouderman »

Thanks, I read your post, very funny. Yes, shift-7 was also a revelation to me - I had about a dozen repairs on my Spitfire before I was in flying shape...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I would highly recommend a read through the manuals for your simulations can be found under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flouderman
Airman Basic

Post by flouderman »

Lewis, will do, thanks!

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Fred.... I think, if you read the manuals as Lewis suggests, you will pick up some info that will allow you to REALLY enjoy the different A2A aircraft. It sounds as though your have been a "Kick the tire, light the fire" flyer, most likely engrained by the default Microsoft aircraft. These are not 'Your Daddy's' default aircraft. And, as suggested earlier, will kick your butt, if you are not careful. Even then, as you read from my little swim in the Ole Miss, things can (and will) go wrong. When you purchased an A2A aircraft, you bought into the ownership of a virtually real aircraft. Along with that comes some trails and tribulations of ownership. Just be thankful that you do not have to pay the maintenance upkeep and repair on them...... :D

And, before you even write your next post saying "Can't start cessna 182".....I'll answer it now..... You flooded the engine..... :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the real 'As Real as it Gets' world of virtual flying.
Al Heline

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”