Autopilot problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Skylaner
Airman Basic

Autopilot problem

Post by Skylaner »

Hello everyone,

I had a problem after first installing the FSX C182 where the autopilot would cause the elevator trim to run away no matter what I did. I solved the issue by reinstalling the aircraft.

Now, with just under 37 hours on the aircraft, the problem has returned: when I engage the A/P, the V/S is initially at the present rate indicated on the VSI. However, from there it ticks up steadily to 1500fpm. Even if I start in a descent, the A/P rate will start at the negative value and tick up quickly to a 1500fpm climb.

If I switch over to ALT quickly, it'll capture and maintain the altitude without any problems. If I then switch back to V/S mode, the rate starts at 0 and winds up to 1500 in a few seconds

I've used the FSUIPC logging function to try to identify what is causing it. There doesn't seem to be anything untoward (no keypresses, for example), apart from hundreds of GYRO_DRIFT_SET commands which are also present with the A/P disengaged:

2924488 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66046 (0x000101fe), Param= 0 (0x00000000) GYRO_DRIFT_SET

I have checked my FSX control assignments and anything to do with setting the autopilot vertical reference is clear (default).

Any help in resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated. I realise I could probably reinstall the aircraft again, but I'm hoping there is a better permanent solution.

Chad

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Autopilot problem

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Chad,

to rule out outside conflict, please can you try with no controller plugged in and FSUIPC not running. I'd also ask you to think of any changes made to your system, addons installed, cfg changes etc between it working and not working for you.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”