Gps never worked correctly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RATTYPILOT
Airman Basic

Gps never worked correctly

Post by RATTYPILOT »

HI,
Love the C182T, but have had issues. The default GNS400, whilst showing a moving map correctly, never allowed me to input a flight plan. So I purchased Reality XP's Garmin GNS WAAS 530. After installation and running WAAS 530 the panel failed to load into the Cessna. The message was " The application failed to load the [Window 00] bitmap. I tried the aircraft configurator supplied with the Cessna and it did not recognise the GNS530.
I uninstalled both products and tried again, this time without using WAAS, with the same result. Why will neither the gps supplied by yourselves, or my reasonably expensive alternative, not work correctly? I have tried all the solutions on the forum that I can see, with no positive result. I did however solve some other issues with the aircraft.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Best wishes,
Bill

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Gps never worked correctly

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bill,

The default GPS is the default GPS so you use it the same as the default units. Flight plans created in the FSX flight planner etc.

For the RXP unit simply install the unit to your sim and then select it in the aircraft config program and you are good to go.

Also make sure you have the latest update and I'd like to know what other issues you have solved in case you have edited files as some simmers do to MSFS aircraft.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RATTYPILOT
Airman Basic

Post by RATTYPILOT »

Hi Lewis,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have installed the Reality XP GPS via their GNS WAAS installation programme, but it does not appear as an option in the configurator using [Shift 9], only the default gps. I have checked and the gauges appear in the FSX gauges folder, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the aircraft and the gauges and have excluded the RXP folders from my anti-virus, but still no sign of it in the Cessna. Have you any idea what I am doing wrong please?
Best wishes,
Bill

RATTYPILOT
Airman Basic

Post by RATTYPILOT »

Hi Lewis again,
Sorry I missed answering my other issues which were to do with the walk around inspection being one step behind. I renumbered the "windows" in the aircraft config, by increasing them by one, for all the inspection "windows", because I have EZDOC camera installed. It was done as per the post on the forum here.
Best wishes again,
Bill

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bill,

unless you use the aircraft configurator you wont be able to select the third party GPS option. Please refer to the simulation manual located under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations

thanks,
Lewis

RATTYPILOT
Airman Basic

Post by RATTYPILOT »

Hi again Lewis,
All is well now and I have the GPS installed. It was supplied as a RealityXP product, so I assumed that your configuration tool would recognise it as such, but when the selection box was clicked, it was blank and there were no options. However it has recognised and installed it as a Mindstar product. I don't care, it is in :D Thank you for all the prompt assistance.
Best wishes,
Bill

RATTYPILOT
Airman Basic

Post by RATTYPILOT »

Hi again Lewis,
Well I spoke too soon. The Reality XP GNS530 shows on the panel and on Shift3, but no buttons or switches work. It is fine in my default FSX aircraft, so could it be a problem with the confierator recognising it as a Mindstar product? On the Shift3 panel there is only one GPS listed as GNS 530, no default options, so no changes by clicking on the list. Also on Shift6 Nav 1 and Nav 2 are listed, but no options to turn them off, or on. Once again any help would be appreciated and sorry to take up so much of your time.
Best wishes,
Bill

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bill

I think any original edits you made have resulted in the errors you are encountering. All you should need to do is simply install the C182, run the aircraft configurator we supply to select the relevant model and then away you go.

If you have tried to insert manually anything this could indeed to messing things up causes errors. If you can revert back to the files as installed that would be great, worst case is an un-install, manually deleting any leftovers and then a reinstall of the aircraft.

thanks
Lewis - A2A

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Are you sure you setup the Cessna 182 in the Reality XP Config program? You have
to define any new aircraft that are added to FSX before using it, or it won't show
up in game for that aircraft.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Neon wrote:Are you sure you setup the Cessna 182 in the Reality XP Config program? You have
to define any new aircraft that are added to FSX before using it, or it won't show
up in game for that aircraft.
Hello,

That is not necessary for our airplanes, the necessary config files are provided with the installation.
Michael Krawczyk

RATTYPILOT
Airman Basic

Post by RATTYPILOT »

Hi again Lewis and all,
Well it is now fixed. I uninstalled the aircraft, using control panel, then deleted any remaining folders. Anew download and install and it works. :P I tried the installation prior to installing the latest A2A update and on "shift 3" could switch between default and downloaded gps's. After the update was installed my downloaded gps had disappeared from the options but was restored again using the aircraft configurator, but I now have no choice of gps. There is no option available to revert to the default, or no gps. The other panel option remains active though. This is not a problem for me as I will use the configurator to change the gps's should I wish to revert to default settings. Once again thank you for your time and assistance. Time for some circuits now!! :D Happy landings.
Best wishes,
Bill

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”