11_20_14 Update does not seem to be applied

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jpmouse
Airman

11_20_14 Update does not seem to be applied

Post by jpmouse »

Aircraft has only one baggage location vice three. When I first applied the update, I did have it.

Since I was still having trouble with AP operation. I decided to reinstall the aircraft to see if maybe it was a corrupted install that was causing the AP problems: This is the procedure I followed:

1. In the Control Panel, removed the C182.
2. Rebooted
3. Downloaded a fresh 182 zip.
4. Reinstalled the 182
5. Applied the 11_20_14 update
6. Rebooted
7. Started FSX
8. Created a "virgin" situation to fly from.
9. Rechecked all FSX settting.
10. F-3 to prepare for flight. Noted the baggage load only showed 1 section as it did before the the update was applied
11. Attempted a flight with no weather - noted that I still have an AP problem with HDG hold and NAV hold (large swings to left and right with both. Altitude capture works fine.

Looking for advice on both issues - Update not being applied and, as before, AP oscillations.

Thanks for your help

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Re: 11_20_14 Update does not seem to be applied

Post by CafeRacer500 »

I just checked my 182 and I too only have one baggage space, also I don't have the option to remove the "experimental" sticker... :o

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Go to your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna182" folder and remove the "update_fsx" folder. Then apply the updater again. That should help. The problem is that generally Windows-type uninstallers only remove items that have been installed by the respective installer. Unrelated items remain in place and folders containing these items will not be removed.
Last edited by lonewulf47 on 29 Nov 2014, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

jpmouse
Airman

Post by jpmouse »

lonewulf47 wrote:Go to your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna182" folder and remove the "update_fsx" folder. Then apply the updater again. That should help. The problem is that generally Windows-type uninstallers only remove items that have been installed by the respective installer. Unrelated items remain in place and folders fontaining these items will not be removed.
That makes perfect sense. Since I had re-installed the 182, the updater saw the update as having already been applied according to the file in the "update_fsx" file, but the changes to the aircraft files had not been updated as I had re-installed the original aircraft.

I saw the "update_fsx" file, but didn't know how it communicated with the updater/ All is well and I sincerely thank you Lonewulf47.

Cheers

JPMouse

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”