can't start engine manually

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
johnnie9733
Airman Basic

can't start engine manually

Post by johnnie9733 »

after the latest update, I just can't start the engine manually, I follow the same procedure as before. Both 182 and 172 are down. I tried the standard priming procedure, even the flood procedure, nothing works. The engine can be auto started.

system specs:

win7 64, i7 3.4g quad, 16g memory, GTX 670 2g, FSX Golden, ASN latest version, Realityxp GNS 530, FSX booster

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Re: can't start engine manually

Post by Heronjr »

Hi,

Yesterday I almost lost my patience after applying the last update. There was no way to start the C182. As you say, the auto-start works. So, I auto-started it, parked it and saved a situation with the cold & dark option on. It seems now things are normal again, as I can start it by the book.

I read here in this Forum something about loading the A2A C182 WITHOUT loading any default aircraft before. This seems to have remedied an AP problem some users are having (me included - but I fixed that re-installing the plane). So, I think you could try this at least to say it worked or not.

Regards,
Heron
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3
Intel Core i7 10700KF, 3.80GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU RTX 3060 12GB w/2 Monitors

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if the engine can be auto-started then all is well as the auto start simply goes through the manual start procedure, if there was an issue then the auto start would not work. Did you check in the main hanger to check the aircraft was not flooded?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

if the engine can be auto-started then all is well as the auto start simply goes through the manual start procedure, if there was an issue then the auto start would not work. Did you check in the main hanger to check the aircraft was not flooded?

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

The symptoms were clearly of a flooded engine, indeed a perfect simulation of the real thing, but I did not see any clues in the hanger saying that. The boys there said "great shape!". Are there any other visual signs in the shop?

Regards,
Heron
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

If you inspect the engine there will be a red "Flooded" warning under the entry for Fuel Injection.

Stephan
Airman First Class

Post by Stephan »

I got the same problem than what is described here. I was able to start the engine only in auto. I didn't know that there was a way to know that the engine is flooded so I'll check that next time. I turned off damage and I was able to start the engine manually so I think it confirms it was flooded.
What I didn't understand yet is that I was able to start the engine manually after that with damage on but then reloading the aircraft I couldn't start it again. I didn't have any problems before the update. Is the plane more realistic and sensitive to flooding since the last update?
B377 / B-17 / Spitfire / P-51 Civilian / Piper J-3 Cub / C172 / C182 / Cherokee / Comanche / Avro 504k / F4U Corsair / BF109

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

Stephan wrote:Is the plane more realistic and sensitive to flooding since the last update?
I had a dream in which I was a FSXIII Caravan bush pilot and I was really paid in bitcoins for flying hunters to and fro remote lakes in Alaska. But I also had to pay in bitcoins for airport taxes, mechanics, fuel, oil and parts to maintain the aircraft flying in the Sim!!!

Luckily for us, Microsoft got out from this market, but this would be true realistic, wouldn't it Stephan?

Just a joke, folks. Did you try loading the A2A C182 without loading the default aircraft?

Regards,
Heron
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

My experience with that amazing aircraft is that, in hot weather (30°C these days in AYPY ! ), just a tiny touch (less than 3 sec) of priming is necessary if you don't want to flood the engine.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Yeah I have noticed the same, when it's warm, start with very little primer, just watch the fuel flow gauge level off then cut immediately (should only be about 2 seconds.)

johnnie9733
Airman Basic

Post by johnnie9733 »

Heronjr wrote:Hi,

Yesterday I almost lost my patience after applying the last update. There was no way to start the C182. As you say, the auto-start works. So, I auto-started it, parked it and saved a situation with the cold & dark option on. It seems now things are normal again, as I can start it by the book.

I read here in this Forum something about loading the A2A C182 WITHOUT loading any default aircraft before. This seems to have remedied an AP problem some users are having (me included - but I fixed that re-installing the plane). So, I think you could try this at least to say it worked or not.

Regards,
Heron
Thank you, Heron, I will have a try!

johnnie9733
Airman Basic

Post by johnnie9733 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

thanks,
Lewis
I will check it again, and come back to you if it doesn't work, thank you for your reply.

johnnie9733
Airman Basic

Post by johnnie9733 »

Thank all of you for your kindness! Really appreciate!

johnnie9733
Airman Basic

Post by johnnie9733 »

engine flood confirmed. this time, I just prime for 2 seconds, and the engine finally started! Really love the bird with the great accu-sim, though it sometimes will make you feel frustrated.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Any issues just post on the forums m. The start procedure will differ ever so slightly depending on where you are. Unlike other simulations we model all of this which is why many simmers here have slightly different starting procedures I particular when it comes to prime. Also remember the warm and cold engine differences. Once you get it down for your normal home field you will quickly
Get the hang of it.

Cheers,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

simdown42
Airman Basic

Post by simdown42 »

Hi
I have the latest update
Since then I can't start engines manually 182/172 if I load default aircraft prior to loading A2A aircraft. I load the A2A planes and select cold and dark, follow correct procedures and the engine turns over and dies. I checked the engines in the maintenance hanger and there is no flooding warning. I even tried complete overhaul. If I load the A2A planes following identical procedures without loading the default first they start ok. Auto start is fine in both cases. Any answers?
Thanks
Merry Christmas
simdown42

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”