can't start engine manually

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: can't start engine manually

Post by Lewis - A2A »

simdown42 wrote:Hi
I have the latest update
Since then I can't start engines manually 182/172 if I load default aircraft prior to loading A2A aircraft. I load the A2A planes and select cold and dark, follow correct procedures and the engine turns over and dies. I checked the engines in the maintenance hanger and there is no flooding warning. I even tried complete overhaul. If I load the A2A planes following identical procedures without loading the default first they start ok. Auto start is fine in both cases. Any answers?
Thanks
Merry Christmas
simdown42
Hello,

Did you check the inspect engine area or just the main maint hanger screen?

If the auto start works then there is no technical issue as the auto start just runs through the start up procedure to start the aircraft. With your default flight what is the condition, aircraft etc etc? It could in your case also be that the default flight is set incorrectly or is corrupt though with auto start working I'd still be leaning more towards pilot error on start up.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

I have the latest update
Since then I can't start engines manually 182/172 if I load default aircraft prior to loading A2A aircraft. I load the A2A planes and select cold and dark, follow correct procedures and the engine turns over and dies. I checked the engines in the maintenance hanger and there is no flooding warning. I even tried complete overhaul. If I load the A2A planes following identical procedures without loading the default first they start ok. Auto start is fine in both cases. Any answers?
Thanks
Merry Christmas
simdown42
Yes, that's my point. Things go perfect when I load directly the A2A C182. This should not be a rule, but it seems the MS default aircraft in some systems somewhat interferes on the A2A C182.

Regards,
Heron
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3
Intel Core i7 10700KF, 3.80GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU RTX 3060 12GB w/2 Monitors

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Heronjr wrote:
I have the latest update
Thanks
Merry Christmas
simdown42
Yes, that's my point. Things go perfect when I load directly the A2A C182. This should not be a rule, but it seems the MS default aircraft in some systems somewhat interferes on the A2A C182.

Regards,
Heron
Just a quick shot into the dark: did you follow the complete Startup-Procedures according the Checklist in the Walkaround section? It is not uncommon that after C&D the Fuel Selector is left in CLOSED position. This would explain the difference between Autostart and Manual Start. Autostart sets the A/C into a "ready for taxi" state.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

simdown42
Airman Basic

Post by simdown42 »

Apologies, Apologies
lonewulf47 you are right, thank you. Missed the fuel selector. Egg on face and all that. All fine now.
Merry Christmas
simdown42

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its always the little things that catch us out

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”