No sound?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
NL451MG
Senior Airman

No sound?

Post by NL451MG »

Did a flight from TYS-DKX and the soud worked just fine. Parked and powered down at DKX for a couple minutes to get some food. Came back and there weren't any sounds. Flaps went down and up silently, no switch sounds. Nothing other than the normal ambient sounds from FSX. This happened to me when I loaded up at TYS, too. A restart works, but when you're trying to do multiple flights in one day, it can get old having to restart FSX every time.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No sound?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Do you have any auto levelling enabled off your windows sounds? Also a restart of the simulation is recommended between flights to help prevent FSX crashs and OOM issues after extended use.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

I don't believe I do. No idea where to even find something like that (far from a computer expert lol). Seems to be rather hit and miss with the sound loss. I've also noticed that it seems to happen if I let the 182 sit for more than 5 minutes in the cold and dark if I don't click anything in the aircraft. Although, the sound does stutter from time to time in flight. Not sure if that has the same cause or not.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are all your drivers on the computer up to date?

It does sound like you have some sort of sound levellling enabled, as I and other have experienced this before when the volume would move itself lower causing no end of issues without any input from us the users of the computer :|

thanks,
Lewis

billyisatechie
Airman Basic

Post by billyisatechie »

I have sounds in all my other aircraft except for the 182 which had sound at one point. I've checked all audio inputs and outputs everything. Everything works In Windows. I tried installing And reinstalling The aircraft no such luck also this is a fresh install of FSX with service pack one and service back two Installed. I've tried repairing aircraft multiple times Nothing seems to fix the problem. I'm becoming very Frustrated because this aircraft is not inexpensive. :?:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

billyisatechie wrote:I have sounds in all my other aircraft except for the 182 which had sound at one point. I've checked all audio inputs and outputs everything. Everything works In Windows. I tried installing And reinstalling The aircraft no such luck also this is a fresh install of FSX with service pack one and service back two Installed. I've tried repairing aircraft multiple times Nothing seems to fix the problem. I'm becoming very Frustrated because this aircraft is not inexpensive. :?:
Hello,

please can you post a new thread with details of your issue and system etc so we can better help you.

thanks
Lewis

Apollo
Airman First Class

Post by Apollo »

I get the same thing. It depends on which sound card I use.

It occurs specifically after going into the maintenance hangar. The sounds fade out/disappear very shortly afterwards, but it depends entirely upon which sound card is the Windows default.

* Creative card: no problems
* Realtek headset: sounds disappear after using maintenance hangar.

kroswynd
Airman

Sputtering Sound

Post by kroswynd »

The sound issue I have is mainly from the exterior view where it sounds like a sputtering. In the flight deck the sound is fine. I am not using a add-on sound card - just the ASUS Realtek on-board sound and the drivers are up to date.

Still attempting to trouble shoot as I am experiencing the issue in both FSX and P3D with both the Cherokee and C182
Best regards,

Simeon (Kroswynd)
SimTography

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

kroswynd wrote:The sound issue I have is mainly from the exterior view where it sounds like a sputtering. In the flight deck the sound is fine. I am not using a add-on sound card - just the ASUS Realtek on-board sound and the drivers are up to date.

Still attempting to trouble shoot as I am experiencing the issue in both FSX and P3D with both the Cherokee and C182
Hello can you please post a new thread so we can better help you troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”