Beacon light shines through the cabin

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
allergiecheck
Airman

Beacon light shines through the cabin

Post by allergiecheck »

I know it is probably a FSX bug...but the beacon light is shining through the cabin when I look back. It is the first time I see this bug in an A2A plane, that´s why I want to mention it here...not a big issue though.

greetings, Thomas

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Beacon light shines through the cabin

Post by lonewulf47 »

allergiecheck wrote:I know it is probably a FSX bug...but the beacon light is shining through the cabin when I look back. It is the first time I see this bug in an A2A plane, that´s why I want to mention it here...not a big issue though.
Yes, definitely a FSX issue. It is visible at various angles on all FSX A/C. the same happens with the sun at certain angles.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thomas (and anyone else interested),

May be worth checking out this post in the C172 support forum: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 62#p299496

The advice about adding the 'ClipMode = Minimum' line to the camera.cfg seems to have eliminated this artefact with my FSX installation. However, I'm not sure it's a cure-all fix. I only discovered it myself a few days ago, and all sort of variables (such as the VC zoom level) seem to determine when the bug is visible in the first place...

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

allergiecheck
Airman

Post by allergiecheck »

Thanks a lot Nick...works perfect..not more red light coming through the cabin walls :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome! Anyone else able to confirm if this edit to the camera.cfg file works for them? This issue had been bugging me for years with FSX, and this 'fix' doesn't seem to be that widely known/discussed...

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

It works well for curing the "lights shining through cabin walls" thing, but it will create other problems that I think are worse than that bug. What that fix does is give z-buffer rendering precision near-distance priority. In other words FSX sacrifices z-buffer accuracy at long range in order to more accurately calculate clipping at close range. This results in things like airport buildings and other objects flickering severely when observing them from distance. Addon sceneries like OrbX airfields with custom ground polys can suffer severely from this especially.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks molleh - exactly the sort of advice I was looking for. I had a suspicion there might be some drawbacks to this edit. I'll let the edit stand for now, but will keep an eye out for the distant flickering you describe - I've got a few OrbX sceneries...

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

tttocs
Airman First Class

Post by tttocs »

I've only recently stumbled on this workaround as well, and yes it does work as advertised with the proviso that molleh articulates.

My advice is to try it and see if the cure is worse than the disease for you. So far, I'm happy with the tradeoff, but YMMV as always.

Scott

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”