Skylane HSI?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
OccamsRazor
Airman First Class

Skylane HSI?

Post by OccamsRazor »

From what I've been reading there is a gauge setup that has an HSI replacing the default heading indicator. I flipped through the manual and can't find anything about an HSI. Can someone help me out here?
ImageImageImage

kapjadi
Senior Airman

Re: Skylane HSI?

Post by kapjadi »

Shift+3 KI-525A

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Post by Sazoga »

Yeah, I also didn't find anything about an HSI..

I think he already knows how to activate it (by using Shift+F3), he just doesn't know how it actually works or what you can do with an HSI. The wikipedia image should explain it very well:

OccamsRazor
Airman First Class

Post by OccamsRazor »

I actually already knew what a horizontal situation indicator does, I just didn't know how to activate it in the sim, but the information was still appreciated. Thanks :)
ImageImageImage

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Page 92 of the manual. Shift+3 panel, just above the yoke display controls. It's a bit confusing because just says Default. Click it to get the KI 525A HSI. Here is a link to the manual for the KCS 55A Compass System:

http://www.bendixking.com/HWL/media/Pil ... 0004_4.pdf

Hope this helps.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

renaissanceman wrote:Page 92 of the manual. Shift+3 panel, just above the yoke display controls. It's a bit confusing because just says Default. Click it to get the KI 525A HSI.
Not too confusing though :D It's always a good idea to have the tooltips activated (don't mix it up with the hilarious flying tips...). If you hover over the respective button it will tell you that either: "HSI configuration default (no HSI)" or "HSI configuration (KI-525A)" is active.... 8) :wink: :D
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

OccamsRazor
Airman First Class

Post by OccamsRazor »

I figured it out. Thanks
ImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

This question seems to crop-up quite a bit. Maybe A2A would consider changing the shift+3 menu, so the text which currently just says 'default' reads 'heading indicator' or something similar instead?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”