C182 Aircraft Configurator_FSX: no results!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Puk
Senior Airman

C182 Aircraft Configurator_FSX: no results!

Post by Puk »

Just like the C172 and the Piper Cherokee, I couldn't wait to try them out and so far I love them flying. Just purchased the C180 a few days ago and because of its perfect behaviour I decided to spent some extra money on buying the Flight1 GTN750. During the installation all went well. After that I runned the configurator and the G750 was added to the addon menu and operatinal. But no display on the VC panel. Is there something I forgot to do or is there a manual way to insert those gauges?

Puk

P.s. being busy all day with this problem, started up FSX and realised all of a sudden that I had to change the gps setting in the mini controls box. What a waste of time, but then again I'm very glad that is sorted out.

Remains a little question: does the Navdata Airac has a file to update this GPS?
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C182 Aircraft Configurator_FSX: no results!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the aircraft configuration is explained in the manual, and rather than get frustrated please post here, often we can get you sorted or point you in the right direction. For the GPS question you will want to ask the Flight1 chaps as its not our GPS.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Lewis,

I use a PFC Yoke, rudder pedals and electronics console. I am unable to open the configurator since it seems to only recognize a joystick. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

THibben wrote:I use a PFC Yoke, rudder pedals and electronics console. I am unable to open the configurator since it seems to only recognize a joystick. Any thoughts?
Talking about the INPUT Configurator? It only recognizes standard HID.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

lonewulf47 wrote:
THibben wrote:I use a PFC Yoke, rudder pedals and electronics console. I am unable to open the configurator since it seems to only recognize a joystick. Any thoughts?
Talking about the INPUT Configurator? It only recognizes standard HID.

Sorry Oskar,

I was talking about the input configurator. I don't understand what is non standard about the PFC hardware. It is some of the best hardware you can buy and is pretty much the same as the real thing. I know it is costly and simulates a B737 cockpit but still works very well with all planes.

Thanks,

Tom
Last edited by THibben on 19 Nov 2014, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

The input configurator can handle only devices, that are visible in the system as DirectX input devices. In other words, only the hardware that can be assigned functions in standard FSX input settings will also work in the configurator. Yor PFC hardware talks to FSX directly through FSUIPC, bypassing all of it.

That being said, at least my PFC yoke has two modes of operation. In the other mode it acts as a normal joystick device and I can assign additional functions to it without problems.
Michael Krawczyk

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

some1 - A2A wrote:The input configurator can handle only devices, that are visible in the system as DirectX input devices. In other words, only the hardware that can be assigned functions in standard FSX input settings will also work in the configurator. Yor PFC hardware talks to FSX directly through FSUIPC, bypassing all of it.

That being said, at least my PFC yoke has two modes of operation. In the other mode it acts as a normal joystick device and I can assign additional functions to it without problems.
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the input. I am a little confused as to the two modes of operation. How do you select the normal joystick mode?
I presently have all of the switches and buttons doing various functions.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

It should be somewhere in PFC Utilities software. Can't point exactly where, because I don't have this program installed, I just plug the PFC yoke to the PC and it works normally in joystick mode.

I'm not sure if it is possible with all PFC hardware or just some yokes - better consult PFC manual or their support.
Michael Krawczyk

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

some1 - A2A wrote:It should be somewhere in PFC Utilities software. Can't point exactly where, because I don't have this program installed, I just plug the PFC yoke to the PC and it works normally in joystick mode.

I'm not sure if it is possible with all PFC hardware or just some yokes - better consult PFC manual or their support.
Michael,

Thanks,

Tom

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”