everything destroyed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: everything destroyed

Post by lonewulf47 »

It should nevertheless be said that IMHO this is a bit dangerous as changing those values is completely undocumented. It may or may not have an adverse effect on other add-ons. I would recommend another method:

Make a backup copy of your fsx.cfg and then delete all entries in the [trusted] section (leave the label [trusted] there]. Upon next run of FSX you will have to confirm the new entries in the usual way (as you did before a few times). This way you will have a completely rebuild [trusted] section without any double entries. Just a proposal though as I have no information about the influence of those values. Another remedy would be the complete rebuild of the fsx.cfg but admittently this would require the manual entry of all tweaks that may have been applied.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: everything destroyed

Post by lonewulf47 »

In addition to the above you might also want to read this (although it's from a "competitive" company's knowledgebase... :wink: ): http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/ ... olicy.aspx

There is however a mixup in the text. The referred registry value must be 0x23c00 and not 0x63c00 as stated at the first mention.

FSX registers each gauge with its unique GUID. If a gauge is replaced by an updated version, the old entry is not removed as it is becoming invalid due to its changed GUID. Therefore the list of entries in the [trusted] section can become quite large, containing many obsolete entries for the same *.dll. It is therefore not a bad idea to remove all entries from time to time and let FSX create a new list. I usually do this once per year.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”