Flight 1 GTN 750 CTD

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tupolev114
Airman

Flight 1 GTN 750 CTD

Post by Tupolev114 »

Have so far been useing the 650 but decided on the 750 and now i am getting CTD when i try and load the sim

any ideas?

Tupolev114
Airman

Re: Flight 1 GTN 750 CTD

Post by Tupolev114 »

ok so i think i have fixed it but i now am not getting a gps fix at all

Tupolev114
Airman

Post by Tupolev114 »

it actually still CTDs

crum
Senior Airman

Post by crum »

Try to run FSX as Administrator.
Helps in my case...
Artem Crum
EASA PPL-SEL
LINDA Developer

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

How are you installing them into the simulation? Are you using the aircraft tool we included? And also when running the tool make sure to run as admin via right clicking and selecting 'run as admin'

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tupolev114
Airman

Post by Tupolev114 »

I had done everything per the manual, i went to flight one and it was an issue with the GTN unit not the 182 took some time to fix but thanks anyway

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear. Can you let us know what the issue is so others that come across it can have some info.

thanks and happy flying,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tupolev114
Airman

Post by Tupolev114 »

from how i understood it it was an compatibility between different versions of the GTN. I already had the 650(1.0.0.3) but got the 750 (1.0.0.4) just for the 182, after i installed to 750 both stopped giving a GPS position or would crash the sim, the guys at flight one said it was a first time for them to see this bug, they said it was most likely caused when i installed the 750 and it tried to update the 650 to new version and corrupted the install

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

I just found this thread, because I noticed I am having the crashing problem too.

My situation is: FSX:SE, I did have FSUIPC installed, but I removed it (just in case) and I have the Flight1 GTN 750. And then of course a bunch of A2A planes, but I don't think that the problem is on A2A's side.

I did NOT purchase the GTN 650 first, I only have the 750 (and the latest version at that, so there's no version mismatch issue for me, I think).

My FSX:SE starts up with the menu (home, free flight, missions, etc.) and normally it used to return there after selecting 'end flight'. FSX:SE automatically starts in admin mode (I get a confirmation popup for that when I launch it).

But I did find something interesting. For me, the crash ONLY happens when I select 'end flight' when I currently have a plane loaded that contains the Flight1 GPS. Look at this:

1. start fsx, load up the trike, select 'end flight' --> NO crash
2. start fsx, load the trike, once in the sim select ANY* plane that has GTN 750, select trike, end flight -> NO crash
(* Note: the 'any' plane can be an A2A plane, or stock plane where I have enabled the GTN 750)
2. start fsx, load the trike, once in the sim select ANY* plane that has GTN 750, end flight -> FSX crashes!

So whatever I do, as long as (from the menu) I first select a non-GTN750 plane and load that up, FSX doesn't crash. But if I try to exit with a plane that does have the GTN750 it crashes. There's crash logs, but they're not in a readable format. So they're not much help to me.

The next thing I'm planning to do is re-install the Flight1 GTN 750. Maybe something is corrupted. Feels to me that maybe somehow a thread/Service/whatever of the GPS is still running on exit, causing FSX to throw an exception and crash...?

I don't have a solution to MY problem yet (the problems mentioned above by Tupolev114 obviously aren't the same as me, although the result is the same). I might have to check with Flight1 as well, but wanted to at least bring this up here, too. Just in case my situation isn't an isolated case. If I find a solution I'll post it.

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Hm.

1. Uninstalled Flight1 GTN 750
2. Uninstalled the GTN Trainer lite
3. Reinstalled GTN Trainer lite
4. Reinstalled Flight1 GTN 750

It seems to work now without crashing? Could it have really been THAT simple?
Having my fingers crossed for a couple of days, I think... but for now it seems my problem is solved. So if anyone else is facing this problem (in the future), the steps above may help...

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”