pitch problem (need help ) :/

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
N5039H
Airman First Class

pitch problem (need help ) :/

Post by N5039H »

Hello i just bought the 182. First off great work guys. But i have a major issue that as made flying it almost impossible. Ok i did my preflight everything checked out includeing ( weight and balance ). did my run up then took off. got to about 1500ft backed off the rpm and manifold press. And i noticed i needed to trim it out, So i added some nose down trim to help me from applying forward pressure on the yoke. Nex thing i know i am all out of trim and i am still having to put so much forward pressure on the yoke to just keep from pitching up. And if i would ease up on the yoke it would pitch up so badly to like 25 30 degs of pitch it would allmost put me in to a stall. So with this noticed i played with the trim at all kinda configurations. And could not keep from having to apply forward pressure on the yoke. Is there a setting i have to go in and configure to help this out ? And my CG was well with in range. Thanks

N5039H
Airman First Class

Re: pitch problem (need help ) :/

Post by N5039H »

N5039H wrote:Hello i just bought the 182. First off great work guys. But i have a major issue that as made flying it almost impossible. Ok i did my preflight everything checked out includeing ( weight and balance ). did my run up then took off. got to about 1500ft backed off the rpm and manifold press. And i noticed i needed to trim it out, So i added some nose down trim to help me from applying forward pressure on the yoke. Nex thing i know i am all out of trim and i am still having to put so much forward pressure on the yoke to just keep from pitching up. And if i would ease up on the yoke it would pitch up so badly to like 25 30 degs of pitch it would allmost put me in to a stall. So with this noticed i played with the trim at all kinda configurations. And could not keep from having to apply forward pressure on the yoke. Is there a setting i have to go in and configure to help this out ? And my CG was well with in range. Thanks

Never mind i ended up fixing it lol. broke trim tab and flap funny thing i did check the hanger and it was checked ok. Then i restarted flight sim and noticed it was broke lol

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Good to hear you got it sorted, apologies for no one getting to your question before now. Sometimes things won't show in the hanger until after you've shut down or even exit and return to FSX/P3D. That's why I usually check the hanger before each flight, it might ruin the surprise, but at least I have the choice of fixing something or running with it and see what happens :D

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

I rather compulsively check the maintenance hangar and really wish I didn't, but it's so hard not to when peeking inside the engine is so free and effortless. I've had extremely good luck with my planes despite being very mean and reckless with them at times. I've yet to have a major failure crop up with my Cessnas or Piper as a result of my flying (combined I've probably got 200+ hrs), only ever stuff already broken or worn due to the "Used" function. I always get super excited when I see an "inspect engine" note from the mechanic, and then am immediately let down when it's just the damn air filter. :P

I'm starting off my 182 experience with a used aircraft. 4000hrs, 1050 on the tach. Three cylinders pretty bad, had them replaced. Prop was inspected and reported damaged, though no visual problem. Replaced it. Battery corroded, still haven't replaced it because it still works. Aileron linkage was worn and started binding during my very first flight. So stuff CAN break!

However, overall my impression has been that A2A planes are a little too resistant to extreme abuse. Yes, stuff will wear out and break over time, but I have been unable to force a good engine to fail simply through over-stressing it. I've done everything from jam the throttle to full power immediately after start in -20C weather, to prop overspeeds up to and possibly in excess of 250rpm (which, according to the manual, means it's no longer considered airworthy). Maybe it will catch up to me in 10 or 20 hours and I'll open up the maintenance hangar to see half the engine needing service... but with one of Accusim's taglines being "actions lead to consequences", I would like to see my otherwise healthy engine blow up in my face or my prop shatter on occasion if I thrash it beyond its design limitations.

Now, maybe this is because there's really no way to gather experimental data on such things, and any attempt to simulate catastrophic failure would effectively be educated guess work. WILL an IO-540 in good condition tear itself to pieces if you jam the throttle immediately after a very cold start, or is it tough enough that doing so would just shave 50 or 100 hours off its TBO? Nobody's rich enough to want to find out.

Anyway, don't know where I'm going with all that. I guess I'm just sadistic and want to see my plane break spectacularly. :P

Reevzy
Airman

Post by Reevzy »

This happened to me too, after first test flights and disengaging the autopilot, bang, she just wanted to keel nose up.

I suspected that perhaps, maybe, a trim tab cable had snapped or a broken clevis tie rod but I didn't think they had gone to those extremes in modelling this aircraft.
Luckily and surprisingly enough, a complete overhaul fixed the problem, also saved a hell of a lot of time than re programming all of my controller axis'.
So I guess, if you have a hunch about something, it may well be modelled as a failure, thankfully easy and inexpensive to fix.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Make sure you don't skip those pre-flight walk around's

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Reevzy
Airman

Post by Reevzy »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Make sure you don't skip those pre-flight walk around's
True!
I went and had a look at the different images in the guts of the 182 simobjects folder that the pre flight walk around loads up and when you flick back and forth between them, you can see how easy it is to miss something. I think I saw one with a split pin missing from a nut.

If you haven't got an MS24665-151 going through an AN4-20, then you run the chance of your AN320-4 working loose! Then it nothing but cobra maneuvers :lol:

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”