Very Weird Appearance Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HamSammich
Airman

Very Weird Appearance Issue

Post by HamSammich »

First off, Wow! She really flies like a dream. Or at least she flies like my last flight in a 182.

That said, I have a very weird issue with this magnificent machine. After wrapping it around a fence, it no longer has any nose gear, cowl flaps or air intakes. That is, it doesn't have them AFTER a total overhaul, after a reset, after a re-install.

Despite that, it taxis, takes off, cruises and lands as if it were anatomically correct.

Again, it initially installed just fine. It simply never healed after the crash. Maybe I hurt its feelings.

This is on P3D 2.4 and Windows 8.1.

Could not attach a screenshot--the error message reads "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

So how do I give this thing her front-end back?

I can't say enough good things about how she flies.

Regards,

Marshall Arbitman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Very Weird Appearance Issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Marshall,

We don't model the damage like you mention so something else is at play here. Do you use EZdok or anything by chance?

And is your FSX updated to SP2 or acceleration?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HamSammich
Airman

Post by HamSammich »

Hi!

I use P3D. And the demon EZDok. The problem persists, though, with it removed and the plane re-installed.

Shall I do a formal un-install and cfg file purge, then re-install? And, if so, which files do I need to nuke?

As a side note, your core update says there's nothing in my Piper 180 to change, yet when I open P3D back up, I find that one of the planes, my default Piper 180, Plane Number Three, is no longer installed. So either it touched something, or something got corrupted as a side effect.

As a second side note, I keep trying to attach a photo of the poor Cessna's nose, but the board keeps telling me the attachment quota has been reached. Perhaps too many other proud owners posting shots of their babies?

IAC, I put another half-dozen short-field landings down tonight. Having a blast. Thanks for your quick response. Looking forward to figuring this out. One other point of interest, the problem is not seen in the walk-around.

Regards,

Marshall Arbitman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Marshall,

We don't offer image attachments on our forums. To post an image you will want to host it on an image or file hosting site. There's many free ones like photo bucket, Dropbox etc. I'm eager to see what's happening as I've never heard of anything like this reported.

Info wonder though if a segment of ezdok is left and you are trying to view the external view via the internal model - ezdok allows you to do this but of course it's not recommended as you end up with half a model.

HamSammich
Airman

Post by HamSammich »

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Marshall,

Yes - as Lewis suggested, that definitely looks like the VC model which you're viewing from an external perspective. Seems like EZdok might be the culprit. I use it with the C182 with no problem (though with FSX) - did you try running the 'EZCA Config.exe' after installing the Skylane?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

HamSammich
Airman

Post by HamSammich »

Nick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll rerun the config app, though the diagnosis seems
somewhat exotic.

Boy I wish A2A did X-Plane. Less polish than the FSX P3D world but very stable and straightforward.

Nothing flies like this, though.

Regards,

Marshall Arbitman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Marshall,

It's not exotic but most sims work this way. You have a model for the external and a model for the internal. The internal one contains the cockpit and what you can see from it. So if you are viewing the internal model externally all you will normally see is a cockpit and some floating wings.

Normally you can't get this but ezdok allows it as some angles can be used for static cameras,
Screenshots and by video makers etc.

We looked at dcs and xplane last year and concluded that we would have to replace most of the systems in in those simulations, much the same as we did with FSX. And after doing so, we would not have a good of a quality flight model or environment as we now have in FSX. Our professional clients also use MSFS/P3D technology for the professional certified and non certified simulations for flight training.

Thanks,
Lewis

HamSammich
Airman

Post by HamSammich »

Lewis, et al, thanks for the tip. Re-installed and re-ran the EZDok config utility and all is well. I have a nosewheel, again. And nostrils.

Of course I'm still stuck with the freezy, crashy, EZDok itself. And the Noisy-and-randomly-disconnecting Saitek USB throttle quadrant, etc.

However, I've now got a great plane to learn IFR on that's also just a plain hoot to fly. Thanks!

Marshall Arbitman

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”