Just a question

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mjrhealth
Airman

Just a question

Post by mjrhealth »

On take off and climb at 70 kts the plane banks to teh left. once in level flight it seems to level out this may be normal, second minor issue is even at 1000 rpm the plane wants to creep forward with the breaks on. Yes I have FSUIPC. First landing was a bit hard but I survived.

Thnaks for another great plane . Can we have a TWIN next pleeesssssssse.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Just a question

Post by speedy70 »

I also found the aircraft climbed to port quite considerably,I don't know why passengers and fuel were balanced and after using the autopilot the aircraft flew straight and level!!!!!!
Lewis?

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Torque is going to be much higher with this one and this is what I do to help....immediately after climb established, I start bringing the throttle back to the green (usually by 200 Ft) trim it for climb, reduce the prop pitch a bit, trim a little more to get around 900 FPM climb and a good bit of the initial torque is negated.......I have found if you pull too hard at rotation and get too nose high she will drop the left wing quickly.

Just my two cents

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

A Skyhawk requires light rudder on climb while a Skylane requires a more moderate amount.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

Right Rudder - pretty common for takeoff

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

As for the ground creep with brakes applied, it's a notorious FSX quirk that is apparently uncorrectable.

As for turning tendencies, yes, the increased power means you'll need more right rudder and aileron compensation at low speed/high power situations. Though I've noticed a quirk I can't nail down a cause for. During cruise it will want to roll to the RIGHT to varying degrees. The amount varies from flight to flight, although often I can see the autopilot putting in a noticeable left aileron correction to stay on heading...

Anyway, that's only tangentially relevant but unusual enough I thought it worth mentioning.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

For the right roll and if it's inconsistent are you per chance using an advanced weather engine like ASN? The weather generated can have effects like you mention EnDSchultz meaning that weather plays an important (more so than normal) role in how you fly the aircraft. Which is great as this is one of the lacking aspects in simulation over real life - fear of something as simple as clouds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Lewis, I do have the right turn "creeping" for lack of a better description. In cruise, trimmed, it has a light tendency to ever so slightly(on my system anyway, just enough to make you think, why the heck am I turning right) No weather add on. and that's with 1 pilot and 10 percent more fuel in the left tank.

edit: since this is off topic her a bit I will put another thread up so if others have this they can chime in.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”