Cessna taxi -bug continues....

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Cessna taxi -bug continues....

Post by Alfredson007 »

Both A2A Cessna's have the same problem for me: When taxiing, all the sudden the plane starts turning, usually pretty steeply and to the left, but sometimes to the right, this happens 9/10 times i taxi. My A2A Cherokee doesn't ever do that, eventhough i fly it the most. Also, all another FSX aircrafts do not do this so i am pretty sure it's not controller issue.... (and plane condition is not the issue).

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cessna taxi -bug continues....

Post by taildraggin68 »

The Cessna's are not direct linkage as the cherokee is..therefore, the Cessna's will turn shallow with only the rudder inputs, but require the use of the inside brake (for the direction you wish to turn), and then will turn sharply. Both A2A Cessna's turn as they should and once mastered, quite easy :D

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

taildraggin68 wrote:The Cessna's are not direct linkage as the cherokee is..therefore, the Cessna's will turn shallow with only the rudder inputs, but require the use of the inside brake (for the direction you wish to turn), and then will turn sharply. Both A2A Cessna's turn as they should and once mastered, quite easy :D
Yes but in ~no-wind condition i am taxiing along in a straight line i don't even touch the pedals and all the sudden the plane starts to turn left so steeply i need to fast catch the turn with my right leg....

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Ok then, any weather add ons? Just for info, I presume updated to last update, are you using multiple fsuipc profiles? Strange to do that only on Cessna and not all A2A planes

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

taildraggin68 wrote:Ok then, any weather add ons? Just for info, I presume updated to last update, are you using multiple fsuipc profiles? Strange to do that only on Cessna and not all A2A planes
No weather addons, i actually don't even use the FSUIPC.. it is strange... it's been happening with the C172 since many updates ago but NOT from the beginning... (i think it came along with the renewed p-factor)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes what other add ons do you use esp weather. Modern weather programs are quite complex with wind gusts etc all modelled locally causing sim pilots to now have to act even more so like real pilots.

I am also interested in your other add-ons as I am not sure this is a bug, you seem to be the only one experiencing it so I would think its system issue somewhere along the line. Its just trying to find out what you have on your system or what settings you have that no one else has.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes what other add ons do you use esp weather. Modern weather programs are quite complex with wind gusts etc all modelled locally causing sim pilots to now have to act even more so like real pilots.

I am also interested in your other add-ons as I am not sure this is a bug, you seem to be the only one experiencing it so I would think its system issue somewhere along the line. Its just trying to find out what you have on your system or what settings you have that no one else has.

thanks,
Lewis
I basicly have no addons, apart from modified textures..... and a2a/realair planes... It's not necessarily a bug, it is possible that my saitek combat pedals have sort of braking issues, but still, it really should happen with other aircrafts as well? ... Most of the times this is not annoying, i just have to be more alert while taxiing, no big deal, the real annouance is only if i am on a runway, i have crosswind from left, i apply full power with brakes, and after releasing brakes i anticipate strong left turning tendency, but the plane starts to go RIGHT, as it happened on my previous flight on the C182...

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Maybe try mapping brakes to a key command for a bit and see if it still happens when rudders alone used, I cannot remember what forum it was on, but I have seen where the Combat pedals have a sticky brake sort of issue. That may help you figure out what input is erroneous anyway. Could even be the rudder axis itself is "noisy".

_ben
Airman

Post by _ben »

I have CH Pro Pedals from fs9 days
The driver puts the rudder into a full left? turn on startup
Once I move the pedals full deflection both ways , it doesn't happen again
until I turn off the computer ( and then the CH driver performs as above again)
Not sure if you have CH rudders (old) or not (go to outside view at rear - you will see full deflection if you have)

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

Maybe something got into the pots. Try putting a small deadzone and you might try putting the sensitivity slider all the way right in sim (highest sensitivity). Had problems with brakes dragging occasional and turns out the default setting of 50 was the culprit.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”