Beacon and Nav lights

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
N99WB
Airman Basic

Beacon and Nav lights

Post by N99WB »

I've searched and searched for a fix so my 182 and Comanche would show those lights.
Bought them both for P3D V.4 and they didn't work.
Upgraded to P3D V.4.1 and ran the A2A update 10_12_17.

Still no beacon flashing from the lens and NAV lights are a pin dot at best.

Everything else is OK.
Call me picky but I want those lights right :)

Thanks,
N99WB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Beacon and Nav lights

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes we are aware of the issue and it will be corrected in an upcoming update along with some other upgrades

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

In the meantime N99WB, I put together an 'unofficial' fix which you download. See this post for more details.

Thanks,
Nick

N99WB
Airman Basic

Post by N99WB »

Thanks Nick, that did it.

N99WB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good to hear - you're welcome.

Nick

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Just happened upon this subject, and I have the same problem, but I have another strange occurrence with regards to the lights. Even with the battery switched off, the Taxi,Landing & Strobes still light up. Plus, the Landing & Taxi lights pulse in tune with the Strobes. There is obviously something wrong somewhere. P3Dv4 sim.
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Cat3508 wrote:Just happened upon this subject, and I have the same problem, but I have another strange occurrence with regards to the lights. Even with the battery switched off, the Taxi,Landing & Strobes still light up. Plus, the Landing & Taxi lights pulse in tune with the Strobes. There is obviously something wrong somewhere. P3Dv4 sim.
Missed your post at first Cat3508. I can't reproduce this problem on my (P3Dv4.1) installation. With the temporary fix linked above at any rate, the aircraft external lights seem to work as expected and are extinguished when the battery is switched off.

Can you give any more information about your setup which may be relevant, and is this with or without the unofficial fix?

Thanks,
Nick

sab12
Airman Basic

Post by sab12 »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the "unofficial" fix to the Nav lights and Beacon problem in P3Dv4.1.

I tried it with the result that the Beacon and white (tail) Nav lights are fine. However, the red and green Nav lights are still very faint when compared to way they appear in my FSX:SE C172.

Do these "fixed" red and green Nav lights appear bright to others who have had this issue in P3D? I'm wondering if this is an artifact of my system.

Steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

You're welcome. Even with the corrected *.fx files in place, the wingtip nav lights aren't overly bright but the difference should be fairly obvious. Here's a quick before and after comparison to give you an idea of how they look on my (P3Dv4.1) system. Both images were taken with nav and beacon lights on and strobes off.

Before: just a dim red area where the bulb itself is located. I believe this is part of the *.MDL file.

After: with the *.fx files pointing to the correct textures, you should notice more of a 'glow' around the lights.

Hope this helps,
Nick

sab12
Airman Basic

Post by sab12 »

Hi Nick,

What I am seeing in night view is what your screenshots show.

It appears that my expectations are based on day views of too bright Nav lights in other Sim aircraft.

Thanks,

Steve

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi Nick,
Apologies for not replying earlier, but I have had a few problems with the sim. I have done a complete un,and reinstall. On reinstalling the 182, the pulsing light phenomena seems to have disappeared. Did a light check in a dark scenario, and the navs and beacon are visible, albeit very dim. I haven't tried your fix as yet, but will give it a try.
Cheers,

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No worries Neil - drop us a line if you have any further issues.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”