Add-on GPS

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
pedrodefig
Airman Basic

Add-on GPS

Post by pedrodefig »

Hi,

Just bought the Skylane and loving it. However, the GPS is very limited and will not even load flight plans created with Little Nav Map. I am considering buying a third party add on GPS and would love to hear your experiences. My computer is not very powerful (core i3-7100) so maybe Flight1 750 out of the question? Any help very welcome.

Pedro

del
Airman First Class

Re: Add-on GPS

Post by del »

Hi Pedro,
With Little Navmap you can save flight plans as PLN, then your default GPS can use them. I purchased the RXP GTN750 add-on for FSX mainly because it was cheaper than the FLIGHT1 version. I've been very pleased with it. If you open up the C182 Aircraft Configurator you can see which GPS units can be used. The RXP unit mentioned above was more fiddly to install. My pc is also not very powerful but manages OK.
Del

suszykuba
Airman Basic

Post by suszykuba »

@del
How about database updates? How old is the database in RXP? I heard about some problems with updating flight1 gtn750 and I'm curious how about rxp one

pedrodefig
Airman Basic

Post by pedrodefig »

Thanks Del. I found a workaround by using simpler PLN files like you suggested and then adding the approach sequence from the default GPS. It works OK. Would like to have (i) weather radar (ii) traffic and (iii) height above ground.

pedrodefig
Airman Basic

Post by pedrodefig »

So, for the record. I tried the RXP GTN 750 but it was really difficult to use it with the Skylane, no problem on the Bonanza. In the end I gave up, got a refund and bought the Flight1 GTN instead. No problems with that one.

ralaas26
Airman Basic

Post by ralaas26 »

pedrodefig wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 16:26 So, for the record. I tried the RXP GTN 750 but it was really difficult to use it with the Skylane, no problem on the Bonanza. In the end I gave up, got a refund and bought the Flight1 GTN instead. No problems with that one.

Friends have a P3D already in version 4.5, I bought a C182 Skyline, and I made a purchase of an add-on of the RXP GTN750, and not of F1, poe to be cheaper, but in the option of alteration of the type of GPS of A2A, only gives the one to put the one of the F1 for the GTN750, and I did not manage to make it work, except in the way that is one inside it, and not in it direct.
How do I make it work right on the one installed by A2A?
Plz

...or, How do I ask for a refund to RealityXP if this is the case? That was where I bought the GTN750...

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”