Tach vs Hobbs

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Wrongway78
Airman Basic

Tach vs Hobbs

Post by Wrongway78 »

One error I’ve noticed in the A2A C182T model is that the Hobbs meter on the right side of the panel always matches the tachometer time. This should not be the case. The Hobbs meter will run at a 1:1 ratio when power is applied to the aircraft. The tachometer should only run 1:1 when the engine is at cruise power. So, if I leave the aircraft master battery on for an hour and the engine at idle while on the ground, I should see the Hobbs meter count 1 hour and the tachometer time count perhaps 0.3 hours.

This isn’t a big deal, really, but something I’ve noticed while logging time in the A2A C182T.

I do have 700 hours logged in the Cessna 182 in real life.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Tach vs Hobbs

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hm, I thought we had the tach running based on RPM but there may be a reason we aren't doing this. I'll check this.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

Interesting topic.
Have never paid much mind to it, not being a RL pilot and all, but I have noticed it before. I just never knew the difference.

Is anything becoming of it?

just curious

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We haven't implemented this yet because this move uproots our system in areas we don't want to mess with at the moment. I know from the outside it seems simple, but from the inside there are a lot of hooks especially rolling this change out to the entire fleet.

It would make the most sense to make this change first on a future release, then once that is solid with other features, then consider rolling back.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”