Pitch trim on the Skylane.

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Signalman7500
Airman

Pitch trim on the Skylane.

Post by Signalman7500 »

When trimming the Skylane for straignt and level flight (when not using the A/P) I have to hold down the assigned trim button(s) on my CH Flight Yoke for a longer period of time than my other aircraft in order to obtain the desired level of trim. Putting it another way, the elevator trim wheel on the Skylane is not as "responsive" to up or down input as it is with my other FSX aircraft. Is this normal for the Skylane?

Thanks for information.

Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Pitch trim on the Skylane.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bob,

Have you tried assigning your yoke trim switches using the "yoke trim up" and "yoke trim down" functions in the A2A C182 Input Configurator? This should provide a much more responsive trim rate that closely matches the manual electric trim rate on the real aircraft.

No need to un-assign any existing shortcuts for these buttons either. Any Input Configurator actions you assign will simply work over the top of them.

Thanks,
Nick

Signalman7500
Airman

Post by Signalman7500 »

Thanks for the tip Nick I forgot about the Input Configurator. This sounds like the fix that will work.

Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem. :) Yeah, give it a try and please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Nick

Signalman7500
Airman

Post by Signalman7500 »

Nick,

Is there a tutorial or other info. on how to use the input configurator? I did not see anything regarding this in the 182 manual.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bob,

It's in the final section of the manual. Page 96.

Thanks,
Nick

Signalman7500
Airman

Post by Signalman7500 »

Got it, tks again.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”