Cold & Dark & Hobbs

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
mattdee
Airman

Cold & Dark & Hobbs

Post by mattdee »

The more I fly this plane the more I love it however, I cannot set the default state as cold and dark and the hobbs meter keeps resetting to 1.0 hour every time I jump in. I've probably got more than 50 hours in this beauty. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards Matthew

P.S keep up the great work!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cold & Dark & Hobbs

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you let us know a little further information.

Which platform are you using?

How are you trying to get to cold and dark, are you using the button under the shift + 3 panel?

How are you loading the flight in the platform you are using?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

I'm running P3D V4 on Windows 10 and am flying exclusively VR these days. I load the flight by selecting the aircraft and airport , time of day etc. When the flight loads the C182 has all systems and engine running. I can choose to shut it down by selecting cold and dark via the shift+3 panel, that's fine but, I want the plane to load cold and dark as the default state. Also the hobbs meter keeps defaulting back to 1.0, where in fact I have multiple hours on type. I trust this sheds a little more light on the matter.

Regards Matthew

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

A2A aircraft need to detect an applied parking brake when they first load before they will comply with the "Auto Cold and Dark" option. This is presumably so that the airplane does not configure for Cold and Dark while in the air.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

mattdee wrote:I'm running P3D V4 on Windows 10 and am flying exclusively VR these days. I load the flight by selecting the aircraft and airport , time of day etc. When the flight loads the C182 has all systems and engine running. I can choose to shut it down by selecting cold and dark via the shift+3 panel, that's fine but, I want the plane to load cold and dark as the default state. Also the hobbs meter keeps defaulting back to 1.0, where in fact I have multiple hours on type. I trust this sheds a little more light on the matter.

Regards Matthew
Hello,

there are two cold and dark options under shift + 3, one does it there and then the other will select it so it starts cold and dark.

Regarding the bigger issue though of that hobbs meter. Are you selecting to run the sim as admin via right clicking on the sim shortcut and selecting run as admin?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

I'm running the sim via Flyinside as I have gone VR permanently now, just can't go back to monitors, could this be the reason?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

How are you loading the simulation?

You should load into the sim and make sure that default flight is not using a complex simulation. You may need to load a default aircraft first and then switch aircraft, this is needed for some setups due to the nature of the way the platform sim p3d/fsx loads into the flight.

thanks,
Lewis

john.downen.1
Airman

Post by john.downen.1 »

Are you shutting down after your flights, I have noticed that if I have to shutdown in a hurry the plane will load in its previous state... If I park, shut down, and tie down then when I get back in it will be cold and dark and tied down. If I leave the plane running and quit it will load up still running.
I am running on FSX, Windows 10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

It doesn’t matter what I try the plane will not default to cold and dark, and the Hobbs meter resets back to .9 every time I jump in. I’m beginning to believe this is a write issue with my virus program Bitdefender. For some reason and by some mystery process Accusim/A2A and or the C182 are not being allowed to change files?? The plane flies just fine. I spend more hours in the 182 than any other in my hanger. Very frustrating.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you take VR out of the equation what happens if you load the sim normal?

Also are you running P3D as admin (right click select run as admin).

thanks,
Lewis

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

No Lewis doing any of those suggestions make no difference. I'm out of ideas. It appears I'm going to have to accept it as it is. It's a fantastic plane to fly

Regards

Matthew

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

mattdee wrote:I’m beginning to believe this is a write issue with my virus program Bitdefender. For some reason and by some mystery process Accusim/A2A and or the C182 are not being allowed to change files??
Hi Matthew,

Have you tried setting up an exception in Bitdefender for the relevant directories? i.e. the one where the 182 is installed, and also perhaps the "Documents\A2A" folder too?

Thanks,
Nick

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

Hi Nick,

It did turn out Bitdefender had the Documents directory where A2A resides as a directory and contents there of that couldn’t be changed. I also included A2A on a white list. Sounds obvious, but it wasn’t. So now it appears I have cold and dark as the default state for the C182 at long and frustratingly last. Thanks for all your reply’s and suggestions. Keep em coming folks, love your work!

Regards

Matthew

john.downen.1
Airman

Post by john.downen.1 »

That's great Matthew!!! Happy flying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Matthew - glad you've managed to resolve the issue and thanks for the update.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”