2D Instrument Panel views do not show

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Ian-D
Airman

Re: 2D Instrument Panel views do not show

Post by Ian-D »

Will,

I'm running DirectX12 (As you might expect). I've tried running the DX9 installer as administrator but still get a message saying I have to be installing into various earlier Windows O/S (W98 ; XP etc. etc.). I've tried installing using compatibility options for both XP SP1 and W7 with the same result. This seems to be a common problem for gamers wanting to play older games but I haven't found anywhere a clearly explained method for getting DX9 to install.

I should say that the C182 has worked perfectly using DX12 for some time previously, so I'm not sure why installing DX9 would help? Many of my other sim aircraft have similar 2D windows that open without problem. Don't mind trying any work arounds you might suggest, just in case.

Cheers
Ian

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello Ian,

I am saying to try reinstall Dx9 since A2A planes are originally designed to work with DX9 in FSX. This is why the updater after combing through your installed aircraft and updating them, finally installs DX9. Unfortunately, I cannot think of anything else at the moment, that could be causing the abnormal "Shift+2-9" behaviour. :(

P.S. Check this topic in reference to DirectX 9.0c on Windows 10

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Try to re-run the SP2 install as it sounds like your FSX installation itself might well be corrupt with a half update. This would explain why the parts that require SP2 are not fully working on your sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Try to re-run the SP2 install as it sounds like your FSX installation itself might well be corrupt with a half update. This would explain why the parts that require SP2 are not fully working on your sim.

thanks,
Lewis
That's good info to know - thanks Lewis!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Ian-D
Airman

Post by Ian-D »

Hi Lewis, (and Will)

I must apologise for the belated response to your last suggestions all of which I followed through. I'm afraid I found myself having to spend time fixing some unexpected problems with an older sportscar I've been restoring and just put back on the road, so I didn't get back to the forum regularly before today.

The good news is that a reinstall of SP2 did fix the problem. I'm slightly puzzled because the enforced move from Acceleration back to SP1 and 2 took place well before I initially installed the C182 and the install worked fine for some time. I wasn't aware that I had done anything that could corrupt SP2, however the suggestion worked and that is all that matters.

Thank you for your excellent help.

Ian

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Good to hear Ian, happy flying the 182!

Cheerz,
Will

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Ian

no worries, and yes the sim can run in a corrupt state it'll only bite you in the butt as soon as an add-on or the sim itself wants to use a particular file and then whack you hit issues.

Now, about that's sports car, a thread for the pilots lounge on your restoration? Sounds interesting 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”