flaps volume

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

flaps volume

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hello Simmers,
First of all best wishes for 2018 – And always keep the blue side up!
My question this time is not so much as a problem, it’s more a personal preference. The sound of the flaps (incr. & decr.)aren’t very audible when I’m in my 182. The balance between the engine sound and the flap sound isn’t satistactory for me. I tried to experiment with the volumes in the sim and with the F3 key settings but nothing to my liking. Only when the engine is at idle you can hear the flaps go out & in again. But once in the air I can’t hear them anymore. Maybe it is like that in the real 182 but like I said, it is only a personal preference. What I normaly do (in other aircrafts) is adjust the volume of the .wav file (more or less vol.)and that works fine. Problem here is that I can’t locate the relevant .wav file of the flaps. In the sounds.cfg file I found something that indicates: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsccply5ly9xy ... s.jpg?dl=0 For the rest there is nothing like a "flaps.wav" to find in the souns folder of the 182: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77fn203a3dmib ... g.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/82osu5wg86lue ... x.jpg?dl=0
I changed the intial volume in the .cfg file to 3 (just to try something) but when there is no sound wave, you can't chage it !
I have found 2 flap.wav file in the sounds folder of P3D itself but they don’t sound like the one in the 182. So I don't think they have anything to do with it. Can you (somebody) help me with this please? I hope the enclosed images help you to see where I am at this moment. That’s all I could find, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance to everybody who can help.
Kind regards,
Eddy

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: flaps volume

Post by Oracle427 »

Just an FYI, you can't hear the flaps at all when the engine is running. The engine is loud! Even with the engine off they are fairly quiet, but definitely audible. If there was an airplane running in the adjacent tiedown, I probably wouldn't hear the flap motor over their noise, even if my engine was off.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hello Oracle427,
thanks for your reaction. 2 Things. First of all, English is not my native tongue (it's Flemish-or Dutch) so I'm not sure about that FYI but I guess: For Your Information. Am I right? :?

It maybe so in the real world but that is not my point. I just want it to be louder so "I" can hear it, realistic or not. It's a personal preference. But thanks for the information, always good to know, but I prefer it otherwise. Last summer I flew (as a passanger) in 182 but I didn't payed any attention to it, my mistake :-) So my request remains: where is that flaps .wav file? Anybody?

Regards,
Eddy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Eddy,

There is no separate *.wav file for the flap sounds. Instead, these sound effects are encoded within the Accu-Sim 'Sounds.pk' file so I'm afraid you won't be able to edit the volume to suit your personal preference.

Thanks,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You are correct that FYI = For Your Information. I didn't mean my comments to dissuade you from your desire to modify the volume. I was only sharing some real world info.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”