DME issue, not showing the distance

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
larry007
Airman Basic

DME issue, not showing the distance

Post by larry007 »

I use the C 182 with the latest updates as well as prepar3d v4.1 and Gtn 750.

A question about using the KN62A TSO. If I insert a DMEVOR frequency (117.70 - VOR HQM at KHQM) into the NAV2 and into the KN62A TSO then I get no DME distance in the display (switch position frequency also not with RMT position). That works only if I turn the frequency into the NAV1. And then only in the position RMT. In the position Freq. the distance is not displayed.

You can not paralell different frequencies use and screw in the NAV's and use this differently. For example, in NAV1 the ILS frequency (KHQM ILS 108,7) and this also in the VOR1 Indicator use and at the same time in NAV2 the DMEVOR Freq. screw in 117.70 and display in the VOR2 Indicator.

It does not work independently, is this a bug or I am doing something wrong? KN62A TSO works only with NAV1 frequencies! I hope you understood what I mean?

The same problem with the Comanche. Just try it out ... and please maybe help for a solution. This issue is also when I use the default configuration whitout GTN 750.

Thanks for an answer.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: DME issue, not showing the distance

Post by Nick - A2A »

larry007 wrote:(...) KN62A TSO works only with NAV1 frequencies! I hope you understood what I mean?
I think so Larry, and it's normal that the DME in 'RMT' mode can only be remotely tuned by the NAV1 radio. This applies to the KN62A in the Cessnas, KN64 in the Cherokee and also the Narco units in the Comanche: none of them can be remotely tuned by the NAV2 radio.

'FREQ' mode on the KN62A/KN64 is a different matter and here you should be able to enter a completely independent frequency directly into the DME set itself. (That is, a frequency that's different to the one in NAV1, so if you wanted you could match it to the frequency you've tuned into NAV2, or use a third frequency.) However, bear in mind that this custom 'FREQ' mode doesn't always initialise correctly depending on factors such as how the sim is loaded. Links to more info on this matter here.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”