Why the GPS 295 is so ugly in A2A’s C182?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
frangarcia
Airman

Why the GPS 295 is so ugly in A2A’s C182?

Post by frangarcia »

I’d like to use this GPS (yes, I know, it’s very basic and you can also use the GNS400 for the same price. But it’s a question about space in my screen, a mouse without a wheel in my cockpit and other issues).

The question is: Why the GPS295 that comes with A2A C182 is worse than the default one that comes with FSX? As you can see in the screenshots below, although they are very similar, the FSX one has a bigger screen compared with the total size of the window, so that you can better read the figures at the left column and so on.

Does someone know if there is some way to install FSX’s GPS into my A2A C182 airplane? Maybe replacing some files? Thanks!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Why the GPS 295 is so ugly in A2A’s C182?

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Fran

Good question, I've never noticed that, but I decided to use the default GNS400 from day 1 when I bought the C182. Good luck!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: Why the GPS 295 is so ugly in A2A’s C182?

Post by jeepinforfun »

It could be because A2A likes to make things as accurate as possible and if you look at the original RW Garmin 295 below,
A2A's version is closer so I would gather that FSX team used a bit of artistic license for better readability.

I will leave the question about changing it out to the experts in case editing the panel.cfg file, like we would normally, might cause issues in A2A aircraft. If they say it's ok than you could look in the CFG file using notepad for the appropriate section and copy/paste the FSX one in it's place.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”