Just like real flying

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Just like real flying

Post by bobsk8 »

I returned to flying the Skylane after a a very long time, flying other A2A aircraft, in fact I almost forgot about the Skylane. I watched some youtube videos on it, and decided to get it out of the hangar this week, changed the oil, and started flying it again. It already had about 130 hours on the hobbs. Took me just a couple of flights to feel really comfortable flying it again. First, I started flying Vatsim again after years and years away from it. The Skylane in my opinion is a perfect aircraft to use for vatsim, either IFR or VFR. It's a really stable IFR platform, and with GPS, VOR's and ADF, can handle just about anything that Vatsim throws at me.

Now the main reason I am posting this is, the feeling I get from flying the Skylane. I got my Privates license back in 1978, and in training flew the C 152. C 172 and the Piper Warrior. I stopped being an active PIC flyer back in the early 90's due to medical and financial issues, and started flying flight sims, which I have been doing since the late 80's. The one thing I always found missing, when simming was the exact feeling I got when flying a real aircraft. It just didn't seem to be happening in the sim. What I realized after flying the Skylane, especially in this last week, is that the Skylane is the closest thing to flying a real aircraft that I have experience in FSX, P3D, or XP. The handling of the aircraft and the sensation of actually flying is superb. If you have never flown a real aircraft and you want to know what flying one is like, get the Skylane, and you will find out. I have a feeling that the Skylane is going to be my go to aircraft from now on. Kudos to A2A for a fantastic job.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

kiki
Airman

Re: Just like real flying

Post by kiki »

bobsk8 wrote:

If you have never flown a real aircraft and you want to know what flying one is like, get the Skylane, and you will find out.
That’s me. I have never had a chance to fly a real aircraft and propably never will. I just don’t have what it takes to have a PPL.

I had my very first flight with A2A C182 and it made me really sad. How much time and money have I wasted over the years with aircrafts of other companies (not to mention any names)! This is so much better than anything I have ever had. It really gives me feeling of really flying (not playing or simming)!
kiki

SeniorCessnaPilot
Airman Basic

Post by SeniorCessnaPilot »

bobsk8 wrote:I returned to flying the Skylane after a a very long time, flying other A2A aircraft, in fact I almost forgot about the Skylane. I watched some youtube videos on it, and decided to get it out of the hangar this week, changed the oil, and started flying it again. It already had about 130 hours on the hobbs. Took me just a couple of flights to feel really comfortable flying it again. First, I started flying Vatsim again after years and years away from it. The Skylane in my opinion is a perfect aircraft to use for vatsim, either IFR or VFR. It's a really stable IFR platform, and with GPS, VOR's and ADF, can handle just about anything that Vatsim throws at me.

Now the main reason I am posting this is, the feeling I get from flying the Skylane. I got my Privates license back in 1978, and in training flew the C 152. C 172 and the Piper Warrior. I stopped being an active PIC flyer back in the early 90's due to medical and financial issues, and started flying flight sims, which I have been doing since the late 80's. The one thing I always found missing, when simming was the exact feeling I got when flying a real aircraft. It just didn't seem to be happening in the sim. What I realized after flying the Skylane, especially in this last week, is that the Skylane is the closest thing to flying a real aircraft that I have experience in FSX, P3D, or XP. The handling of the aircraft and the sensation of actually flying is superb. If you have never flown a real aircraft and you want to know what flying one is like, get the Skylane, and you will find out. I have a feeling that the Skylane is going to be my go to aircraft from now on. Kudos to A2A for a fantastic job.
Great review, I had the same feeling after flying the a2a c182 for a few hours! Vendors of add-on aircraft have been missing key features, and although I would practice with FSX when I was real-world flying, it was not as close as I wanted it to be, it never felt complete. The a2a ICE (Engine) simulation is at a level real pilots can appreciate. The a2a aircraft serves as a great "preview" or learning/refresher for real pilots, and its really cutting edge, like Flight Simulation itself, or when virtual ATC services first came into existence for the FS world. Glad to see a group of dedicated individuals taking this to the next level!

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

I agree, having had some time in, be it older, 182's the Skylane is pretty damn good. It feels just right and does what you'd expect a Skylane to do in real life.
So far it's hands down my favorite GA by A2A - a very stable and versitile plaform with some great bush-capabilities. Haven't really found a place yet where I could not land it or take off again. I keep looking, though... ;)

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Do you all prefer the C182 over the V35? How would you compare the two?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Making the Accu-Sim Skylane was so much fun. Even through I owned and operated a Comanche 250, I always dreamed of flying a Skylane. It just looked so beefy and rugged. And we really lucked out when we found that mint 182T in Bedford MA for rent as 182’s can be hard to find. It is always so nice to have complete access to an airplane without anyone looking over your shoulder. It felt like my airplane, and this allowed me the freedom to fly the airplane as much as necessary to answer any and all questions about how it operates and flew. Paying for that rental was one of the best business expenses I’ve made. Great memories. And it was this full access that allowed us to make the Accu-Sim physics spot on.

Having full access has allowed Accu-Sim to reach heights not possible without it. So full access is really become a requirement for any future airplanes.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes I can only attest to the accuracy of the A2A Skylane. I fly a 182T in real life too and the simulation it is very very close the real thing. I had the simulation before I flew the real thing and even though the one I fly in RL has the G1000 I felt right at home when I flew it for the first time. It’s unbelievable how well A2A captured the Skylane for the sim.

One of my favorites if not my favorite till this day.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

dus
Airman Basic

Post by dus »

Hope They make a Skylane V 2 with better texture like Bonaza

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”