Handling radios and the other instruments

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
frangarcia
Airman

Handling radios and the other instruments

Post by frangarcia »

Having flown the C182 for a long time, I always handled the radios with the “Quick Radios” mini panel. But now I have a new computer, with a bigger monitor, and I’d like to use the instruments panel directly. But I don’t know how I must use all those switches and knobs.

Can someone tell me where can I find the instructions of the radios? Perhaps in the RW manufacturer’s web page? In the A2A manual, it just says where you can find each instrument, not the detailed instructions.

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Handling radios and the other instruments

Post by Nick - A2A »

There's a couple of topics in the Cessna 172 forum which you might find helpful (the A2A 172 and 182 share an identical avionics fit, except for the addition of the optional slaved HSI in the Skylane):

C172 Avionics INFO and MANUALS and A2A C172 Development and Avionics Video Tutorials. (The latter contains some excellent short videos which describe some of the advanced avionics functions.)

In terms of the sim implementation, the main thing to bear in mind is that you'll need to use your mouse scroll wheel to turn the inner radio knobs.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. The HSI manual can be found here by the way. :wink:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Handling radios and the other instruments

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the key as Nick mentioned is the mouse, its two buttons and the scroll wheel for easy dial changes.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”