Damage ON vs OFF

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
markadeane
Airman First Class

Damage ON vs OFF

Post by markadeane »

Hi all, quick question: In the Shift-3 pop-up, is damage active when the option box says "Damage ON" or is the wording on the button designed to show the action that will occur if you click it?

I ask because Auto-C&D shows as "Auto C&D OFF" yet the aircraft loads up in C&D. so I'm wondering if the way the buttons work is opposite to my expectation.

Hope this makes sense, and doesn't make me sound like an idiot!

Cheers

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Damage ON vs OFF

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

The message in example "Damage ON" shows the current status, if I'm not mistaken. Your aircraft is C&D event when "Auto C&D OFF", because aircraft remembers the state it is left. If you have shut it down at your last flight, next time you load that plane it is going to be with engine off.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes to add to LZ-WIL response, the C&D Off is in response to our own c&d setting that can be turned on and will only affect the aircraft it is turned on for. It sounds however that you have a cold and dark to a certain extent anyway, default flight and when you load a flight in the sim be it P3D or FSX, the overview settings for the flight come from the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

markadeane
Airman First Class

Post by markadeane »

Thanks guys for the clarification!

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”