Trim very slow

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
deansalman
Airman

Trim very slow

Post by deansalman »

When I move the trim wheel, it needs to move a lot to make a differnece. Is the setting to make it more sensitive and more more when the trim is told to move (software or hardware way) C172 is the same

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Trim very slow

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you give us further information about what you are using to control (which hardware) and how you have it mapped. For example are you using the included aircraft input config program to map or just the default in sim mapping or a third party software like FSUIPC etc etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BusheFlyer
Airman

Post by BusheFlyer »

I think the problem is largely sims with standard controls, in the real plane you have a 7-8" diameter wheel with of course the benefit of tactile feedback (you can feel on the yoke when pressure is relieved by trim) so trimming is easy and precise. I don't have any fancy trim wheel hardware for my pc so instead I use the tiny 1inch diameter wheel on the CH Fighterstick Pro (which is super sensitive!) in combination with fine adjustments with up/down joystick assignments. The a2a aircraft I have found is really good in this regard, many aircraft payware and otherwise are so difficult to trim because you click up trim once and you immediately climb, so click down trim and immediately descend. So I guess without better flight sim controls there won't be a perfect solution to trim.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

deansalman wrote:When I move the trim wheel, it needs to move a lot to make a differnece. Is the setting to make it more sensitive and more more when the trim is told to move (software or hardware way) C172 is the same
The fineness ratio in the default sim is time dependent. The longer you press, the faster it moves.

If you modify ANY parameter that messes with this, you get results simialr to those you describe.

Tell us what you have changed, and we might be able to help.

Tell us more information than that (like what sim and what hardware you are using) and that advice will be more accurate and relevant.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”