Is there an update for the Cessna 182 to P3D v4?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
ibanez0711
Airman Basic

Is there an update for the Cessna 182 to P3D v4?

Post by ibanez0711 »

I purchased the A2A Cessna 182 P3D / FSX Academic Bundle from PC-Aviator in September 2016. How do I receive the upgrade for the product for P3D v3 to v4? I already DID go to PC-Aviator to re-download assuming they would have the update from you, A2A, since they are obviously an approved vendor for your products - it is NOT updated. Unless, of course, it simply hasn't been updated yet. I love this plane, so waiting with bated-breath.

Thanks for your guidance.
Last edited by ibanez0711 on 10 Jun 2017, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Upgrade for Cessna 182 to P3D v4

Post by speedy70 »

You will need to wait for them to update the product.

Some of these dealers are very tardy in updating.I have just had the same problem with another product.

Cheers Chris

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

ibanez0711 wrote:I purchased the A2A Cessna 182 P3D / FSX Academic Bundle from PC-Aviator in September 2016. How do I receive the upgrade for the product for P3D v3 to v4? I already DID go to PC-Aviator to re-download assuming they would have the update from you, A2A, since they are obviously an approved vendor for your products - it is NOT updated. Unless, of course, it simply hasn't been updated yet. I love this plane, so waiting with bated-breath.

Thanks for your guidance.
Your assertion is correct: It has not been updated yet.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We will make an announcement on the forums here, and on our social media channels (twitter/facebook etc) once its released with the A2A Store. Shortly after release we will also send out the updated files to our third party vendors.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

walterg74
Airman

Post by walterg74 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:We will make an announcement on the forums here, and on our social media channels (twitter/facebook etc) once its released with the A2A Store. Shortly after release we will also send out the updated files to our third party vendors.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis, is there any pinned post or something that gets update as each plane is released woth v4 updates?

Thanks!

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

walterg74 wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:We will make an announcement on the forums here, and on our social media channels (twitter/facebook etc) once its released with the A2A Store. Shortly after release we will also send out the updated files to our third party vendors.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis, is there any pinned post or something that gets update as each plane is released woth v4 updates?

Thanks!
I'm sure there will be a hundred topics and posts in the relevant tech support forum looking for resets on the order downloads. You could take that as a clue.

Must admit that the process could be a bit cleaner and clearer - there is no locked topic headed `P3D v4 Download now available` on the 172 forum, for instance; the version number on the actual download could be updated or renamed so that one would KNOW if the updated files were there, rather than having to use a download to find out, or come to the forum and hunt past the other topics as existing v3, v2. FSX and FSX SE customers are still posting their issues.

There could also be an update to the Store pages to indicate when the V4 version is available, with a date showing when it became d/l able and advice NOT to use the latest updater - which flies in the face of the convention for every other product in the store - text could then be removed when the newest P3Dv4-accommodating updater becomes available - instantly solves the issues.

Oh and `we` (well, you ibanez0711) could stop posting topics with confusing titles? Clearly the topic title chosen here has room for misconstruing. Perhaps a mod could alter it so it no longer appears as a statement and other posters might like to think a bit more in future about how their title could be mistaken?

Just saying. :? :roll:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

mallcott wrote:
Oh and `we` (well, you ibanez0711) could stop posting topics with confusing titles? Clearly the topic title chosen here has room for misconstruing. Perhaps a mod could alter it so it no longer appears as a statement and other posters might like to think a bit more in future about how their title could be mistaken?

It's marginally better than 'P3DV4' or 'HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!' :roll:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

ibanez0711
Airman Basic

Post by ibanez0711 »

Ron Attwood wrote:
mallcott wrote:

Yeah, your feedback is helpful. I changed it. I am eagerly waiting, too.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

ibanez0711 wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote:
mallcott wrote:

Yeah, your feedback is helpful. I changed it. I am eagerly waiting, too.
You and me both. Good change to the title - much clearer :D

Kimo
Airman First Class

Re: Is there an update for the Cessna 182 to P3D v4?

Post by Kimo »

With the 172 release ready at launch I hoped for a quick release of the other aircraft for V4.
Really looking forward to the other V4 updates :D

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Is there an update for the Cessna 182 to P3D v4?

Post by mallcott »

Kimo wrote:With the 172 release ready at launch I hoped for a quick release of the other aircraft for V4.
Really looking forward to the other V4 updates :D
Patience: It's only been a scant ten days since release of v4. As other topics around the net are showing just throwing your v3 aircraft into v4 is NOT necessarily a good idea and I for one hope they take their time and get themn out when they're ready, rather than rush it out to satisfy those irrational whims for `now` instead of `right`...

If that means waiting while development, build, beta testing and sign-off takes place, I'm very happy to wait. You will be too.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”