An Interesting Moment With The KI-525A

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

An Interesting Moment With The KI-525A

Post by Roadburner426 »

So I haven't flown the 182 in quite awhile as I have been busy plowing through the skies with the Comanche and Mustang. So while they are getting maintenance done I figured I'd go fly around in the 182 and try to better myself at leaning with a fuel injected engine. All went well with the leaning of the engine as I didn't fall out of the sky like I am used to doing when the power is lost. However I noticed my KI-525A had the NAV flag showing in the upper left corner and it was bothering me. At first I thought maybe the last update messed up my 182, or something to that effect. However I started digging deeper and looked in the 525 manual here: https://www.bendixking.com/HWL/media/Pi ... 0004_4.pdf . Using their 5 circumstances the NAV flag would be showing troubleshooting paragraph on page 11 I found my answer. I had an unusable VOR/LOC tuned in the GTN750. Pulled up the area charts, tuned a frequency that was in range and the flag is now gone. So hopefully if anyone else ever wondered why this happens this thread can help you, and hats off to A2A for the detail. :lol: Mechanical things don't catch me off guard but avionics sure as hell do sometimes.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: An Interesting Moment With The KI-525A

Post by n421nj »

Good to check while on the ground prior to flight.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

AngryHatter
Airman Basic

Post by AngryHatter »

The depth of these aircraft is truly immersive, yeah overused word but correct in this case.
If there is an anomaly I suspect my maintenance and not a programming glitch.
(Isn't THAT weird?)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad you are all enjoying the sim, and its still catching you guys out as much as it still does me lol :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”