Changing from fsx to p3d

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
matthewneale
Airman First Class

Changing from fsx to p3d

Post by matthewneale »

What the options here please? :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Re: Changing from fsx to p3d

Post by matthewneale »

Sorry I should explain myself a little more....

Never considered the change before but I bit the bullet today. I've heard two different things that you either can or can't export the 182 from fsx to p3d.

How is it done please?

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Can't be done. Two different products each with specificity for the platform - and DO NOT consider trying to use that pathetic Migration Tool to get around the issues - it WILL break your P3D installation. Some of the earlier products can be forced into the later platform, but not anything since the 377 COTS after which A2A started producing specific versions for each sim.

BTW that same story will also apply to practically anything you want to port from FSX - P3D has advanced to the point where different installation points are being used so only use addons for which specific installers exist, or for which hardened experience have shown that they DO work. Even then `work` is a relative expression!

Only exception I've come across is mesh. That seems to work the same in each.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

There is a way to import the older A2A aircraft, such as the J-3, P-40, etc., but I believe that you need to repurchase the aircraft for which A2A offers a P3D-specific version.

My old computer died in last year and I got a new Jetline. They told me that I really wanted P3D rather than FSX. I didn't have to buy any new ORBX scenery, except for Pacific Northwet, which I had bought on disk, way back when. No charge for ASN in P3D, but I did have to repurchase the AS16 upgrade in P3D. Now everything is installed and working just fine. I haven't regretted going to P3D one bit.

I would say don't worry about the cost, but that's probably wrong. So maybe consider that how "real" our flight sims are getting; how much cheaper it is that owning a real airplane. Think of the expense you would have when the FAA calls for a full inspection of some part deep within the inner workings of your real Comanche, for example (main spar?). This hobby is way cheaper than motorcycling!

Plus, get ready for the really big hit when everything goes over to 64-bit!

Just go for it!

Seeya
ATB

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

I too replaced an aging computer with a new computer from Jetline. I also had the latest version of P3D pre-installed, as I was using FSX Gold Edition; so all of my A2A aircraft are FSX. I tried to install one of them into P3D reading that others did so--but it just did not work for me. As time goes on, I may repurchase A2A aircraft for P3D. Some vendors like Flight 1 have a reduced price if you have a licensed product purchased for FSX. It looks like A2A does not make that same type of price reduction available for their products.

After using this new flight simulator, I will not be going back to FSX boxed edition and will be looking forward to when P3D offers the 64 bit version.

Raymie

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

Thank you all,

As an update I have the flight 1 gtn 750 so hope that can be upgraded at a reasonable cost. My beautiful c182t will have to wait. I stupidly purchased ASN for steam, and is therefore not compatible with anything else :-/

Bummer!

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

I have completely uninstalled fsx, is there not a way to have the licence changed over from fsx to p3d?

I'm sure that's a naive question but why can't it be done?

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

I had both the GTN 750 & 650 installed in FSX. On the Flight 1 website--if I remember correctly, for both the 750 & 650 if you look at purchasing them for P3D, the vendor offers a coupon for all who have licensed purchased 750 & 650 for FSX and are purchasing the P3D version. Download both coupons, and then if you purchase the 750 and or 650--there is a place to click on the purchase installer for the coupon--it will find the coupon on your computer and reduce the price automatically. I believe the reduced purchase price is something like $19 or $20 US dollars.

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

Thank you Ray that's a relief, I downloaded the coupon on readiness for that.

I have my carenado TBM 850 reinstalled and working nicely along with fsuipc.

Would just love to have this 182 in p3d as I fly that all the time I just love it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

We offer point-of-sale bundles in our store in the same way you can buy bundled goods commonly offered in other retail outlets. We can’t offer long term P3D discounts because it is a new platform that is constantly changing.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

Ok thank you, that makes sense :-)

matthewneale
Airman First Class

Post by matthewneale »

For those of you that haven't changed to p3d..... My oh my you need to change to p3d!

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

Yes, I must agree as well--I am enjoying my new p3d sim so much more--have the latest version. It was worth the extra work and some extra money as well in converting over the scenery and aircraft addons along with the GTN 750 & 650 and REX. Looking forward to the possibly anticipated 64bit version if or when it is available.

Ray Mengel

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Ray Mengel wrote:Yes, I must agree as well--I am enjoying my new p3d sim so much more--have the latest version. It was worth the extra work and some extra money as well in converting over the scenery and aircraft addons along with the GTN 750 & 650 and REX. Looking forward to the possibly anticipated 64bit version if or when it is available.

Ray Mengel

...with the caveat that it will almost certainly break all current P3D addons and you may need to re-purchase everything. Again.

P3D 64-bit will be a new sim in the same way that P3D v1.4 was the last of the v1 series and V2 was a whole new product. As is V3 from V2. Its clear and obvious from the L-M website that they evolve the platform until it can't be evolved any more, then start again. They don't plan for compliance, that's the aftermarkets job. If work is required to remake/change or upgrade a product to suit a new sim or revised platform then OF COURSE the developer is entitled to charge for it.

john.downen.1
Airman

Post by john.downen.1 »

May I ask you guys what P3D license you bought? Student or instructor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”