No Egine Sound While in Cockpit View

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
SimPilotTrev
Airman Basic

No Egine Sound While in Cockpit View

Post by SimPilotTrev »

Hi
I wonder if somebody could point me in the right direction please. I have suddenly lost the engine sound in the cockpit view - no problem when outside. Whilst in the cockpit I can hear the rumbling as I go down the runway so it seems to be an engine sound specific problem. I can also hear other outside noises generated by P3D's default sounds and default aircraft are ok, so it's clearly not a general sound problem - I am aware A2A does not use the default engine sounds so I guess I need to understand what A2A file is driving the engine sound while in cockpit view, so I can take a look. I have a suspicion that my Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel may have something to do with it as I always need to move the wheel before starting up P3D - Windows 10 then recognises the USB device. I have seen strange things happening with sound if I don't get the process right and this might be one of those instances.

So in short, where do I need to look to see if the sound script has changed for the engine whilst in cockpit view and what should it read?

Thank you
Trevor

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No Egine Sound While in Cockpit View

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the Accu-sim sounds will play through the default windows sound device so make sure this is turned on and volume up would be the first thing to check.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SimPilotTrev
Airman Basic

Post by SimPilotTrev »

Hi Lewis
Thank you for responding to my enquiry. As I mentioned in my initial post I am getting engine sound when in outside cockpit view - it is when in cockpit view that I have no engine sound or switch sound or any airframe creaking, although I do get wheel rumbling sound when taxing down the runway for take-off. The fact that I am getting sound when in outside cockpit view must mean my windows default sound is working. As also mentioned, there is no problem with default aircraft sound when in the cockpit. This problem is specific to the A2A C182 which leads me to think I need to look at one of the A2A files but I don't know which one?

I hope the above clarifies the problem and that you can assist further.

Thank you
Trevor

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Trev,

It's possible that your P3D sounds are assigned to a different audio device than your default windows device (e.g. a headset), whereas the A2A Accu-Sim sounds can only be played through the default Windows sounds device as far as I'm aware.

However, I'd say the first thing to check is that you haven't inadvertently turned down the volume control at the bottom left of there shift 3 'controls' window. This 'slider' is used to control the Accu-Sim sounds (i.e. the internal cockpit sounds) independently to the other sound effects.

Cheers,
Nick

SimPilotTrev
Airman Basic

Post by SimPilotTrev »

Hi Nick & Lewis
I have had another look at my windows sound settings and have found the default sound was for some reason deselected. I have changed the setting back to 'default' and all is well. My apologies for wasting your time, I should have looked at this more closely in the first place. At least I can back to flying a great simulated aircraft.

Many thanks
Trevor

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Trevor,

good to see your up and running, wasnt a waste of time at all. Anything else pops up just post from support and hints of tips to how to get the best out of your flight sim experience and whole lot more, the community here can be of great help for new and old simmers.

cheers and happy flying,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”