Cessna 182 with GTN 750 glideslope (LNAV) question

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
fencelake
Airman

Cessna 182 with GTN 750 glideslope (LNAV) question

Post by fencelake »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an A2A question or Flight1 question... I just got the (FSX) 182 (love it!) and have the GTN 750 in it. when I load an ILS approach even at my home airport which has GS it's showing LNAV only and the bars never come down. I try GPS and VLOC modes both. I'm using the HSI and the default heading indicator and trying to just do a basic manual ILS. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to find some videos on youtube but it's mostly guys guessing for 20 minutes. Anyone have a good idea or tutorial? Thanks!!

FishermanIvan
Airman First Class

Re: Cessna 182 with GTN 750 glideslope (LNAV) question

Post by FishermanIvan »

fencelake wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an A2A question or Flight1 question... I just got the (FSX) 182 (love it!) and have the GTN 750 in it. when I load an ILS approach even at my home airport which has GS it's showing LNAV only and the bars never come down. I try GPS and VLOC modes both. I'm using the HSI and the default heading indicator and trying to just do a basic manual ILS. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to find some videos on youtube but it's mostly guys guessing for 20 minutes. Anyone have a good idea or tutorial? Thanks!!
Are you tuning the ILS frequency into the NAV1 radio and activating it?

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi...

Are you sure you've loaded an ILS and not and GPS approach ? Some GPS approaches provide vertical guidance and others do not... The ones that do have nothing to do without the ILS equipment located on the runway...

A screenshot of the cockpit on final - with the GTN open - just before you intercept the glide-slope would probably get you the answer the fastest...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBBJ
Airman Basic

Post by JBBJ »

Hi guys,

I have the same issue, C182 with GTN750.

Everything is setup correctly, I found a way around this " bug " was to cycle to " No GPS " panel and manually turn on the NAV/COM 1 classic stack then re-select the GTN750 and it finally worked ok.

I think that if you load the airplane with the GTN750 it does not automatically turn on the " NAV/COM " 1 stack in the background.

Could anyone look into this ?

P.S. Real world C182/GNT750 pilot, the NAV's were setup correctly.

Regards

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

JBBJ wrote:Hi guys,

I have the same issue, C182 with GTN750.

Everything is setup correctly, I found a way around this " bug " was to cycle to " No GPS " panel and manually turn on the NAV/COM 1 classic stack then re-select the GTN750 and it finally worked ok.

I think that if you load the airplane with the GTN750 it does not automatically turn on the " NAV/COM " 1 stack in the background.

Could anyone look into this ?

P.S. Real world C182/GNT750 pilot, the NAV's were setup correctly.

Regards
Hello,

yes if in your sim the stack is set to off then you will have to turn it on. Some of these settings will come from your default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JBBJ
Airman Basic

Post by JBBJ »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Hello,

yes if in your sim the stack is set to off then you will have to turn it on. Some of these settings will come from your default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

I thought that the GTN750 would replace the old NAV1 stack and that turning "ON" the GTN750 would defacto turn " ON " the " Stack 1 " that officially doesn't exist anymore.

Is there a way to make the GTN750 turn ON the stack one automaticaly ? or should I use my " procedure " to go around it ?

Thanks

Regards

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

you can use the procedure you use or just turn the unit on in the default flight you are using.

thanks,
Lewis

chopowski
Airman Basic

Post by chopowski »

I think I am having the same problem.

I have the same setup and regardless of if I am flying a GPS or ILS approach, I do not get a glide scope indication on the HSI.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

chopowski wrote:I think I am having the same problem.

I have the same setup and regardless of if I am flying a GPS or ILS approach, I do not get a glide scope indication on the HSI.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Hello,

have you read this thread and tried the fix. It was a default flight issue that solved this one. If you have a different issue please can you post in a new thread with as much information as possible so we can better help troubleshoot your issue.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”