Gradually lost engine power because applying to much power?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Re: Gradually lost engine power because applying to much pow

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

mallcott wrote:
No, carb icing does still occur in FSX with fuel injected aircraft. It's a quirk.
Blame Microsoft.
That may be true for stock aircraft, but it would really surprise me if A2A didn't program their software around that quirk. Unless, of course, what Esa says.

Viele Grüße | Best regards,
Oliver

agentthumb
Airman Basic

Gradually lost engine power because applying to much power?

Post by agentthumb »

Deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by agentthumb on 16 Dec 2016, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'm not sure why you feel the need for such high RPM in the cruise. Use your propeller control a bit more. A constant speed prop will vary it's pitch depending on rpm and manifold pressure, so at a low (still in the green arc) setting, it's still taking big chunks of air at a higher (again, still in the green arc) throttle setting, and you get less noise and engine wear. I typically cruise the 182 at 23in MAP and 2100RPM with the mixture set 100 degrees lean of peak EGT. This gives a good cruise speed and passable range. If you want to warm the engine up a little more, set your mixture to peak EGT. That will give you a little less speed, but greater range.

As to icing, what was dew point temperature and air temp?? You get icing when the 2 are close.

Hope this helps,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Passero
Airman

Post by Passero »

I normally cruise at around 2100 RPM but I increased it to 2500 when I noticed a decrease in power.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”