Doubt about re-licensing

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
MateoAero
Airman Basic

Doubt about re-licensing

Post by MateoAero »

Good evening (here in Europe at least :))

I have been flying the A2A Skylane simulation for a while, and I must say I really enjoy it. However, now I am obtaining my PPL License in RW, and due to that reason I am trying to make my simulator as realistic as possible. One of the first things I have done is upgrading to P3D Academic version, so that I can make the most of the available sceneries all over the net and try to navigate as I do in my training A/C (it is a Reims 172, half C172, half C182). Is there any way to upgrade my license of A2A from FSX version to Bundle version? Or do I have to pay the P3D version even though buying both at once cost 70$ and separately arounf 100$? Thank you very much.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Doubt about re-licensing

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you throw me a PM I can help. But I would have to say that P3D offers nothing extra for your current needs and in fact has less available for it against FSX for the things you mention.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

I concur with Lewis,

I run a P3D-based desktop sim on behalf of my flying club, and were it not that I `inherited` a P3D installation to start with, I would probably have installed FSX.

That being said, the inherent advantage of P3D is that it is in active development, more than can be said for any FSX version. And I have now changed all five rigs I'm responsible for (including my own) to P3D, so I can hardly be said to be practising what I preach! :lol:

If you were just starting from scratch it's a no-brainer: P3D all the way.
But if you already have or had FSX and a range of accessories and addons that suit, there is little advantages from a flight training perspective to switching sims now. The `systemology` is still fundamentally the same, even 3.4.* versions in.

Again, 64-bit P3D will change things, providing you have the hardware. But there is no guarantee that existing P3D-addons will work with that, much less FSX.

ea.wouters
Airman Basic

Post by ea.wouters »

I hope I'm on the right place here. I also have a question about re-licensing. I purchased the FSX Cessna 182 with Accu-feel from Just Flight, and asked then about a free upgrade to P3D V4. They couldn't help me and told me to contact A2A Simulations. I'm confused and do not know if have to buy the product again or not.

Kind regards
Eric

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello

We offer point-of-sale bundles in our store in the same way you can buy bundled goods commonly offered in other retail outlets. We can’t offer long term P3D discounts because it is a new platform that is constantly changing.We offer point-of-sale bundles in our store in the same way you can buy bundled goods commonly offered in other retail outlets. We can’t offer long term P3D discounts because it is a new platform that is constantly changing.

Remember lots of talk about upgrades but P3D is not an upgrade to FSX or its third party products. Like X-Plane its just a different platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”