Instruction for preflight inspections will be useful

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
bundi
Airman First Class

Instruction for preflight inspections will be useful

Post by bundi »

There will be nice if someone will post some instructions for preflight. The other day my mechanic reported, that flaps need attention. At preflight check I didn't spot, that anything was wrong... Only when I repair flaps in workshop I spotted, that flaps were moving a bit slower than usuall, when button for moving flaps was pressed.

Such small things are nice edition to realism :), butt sometimes are hard to spot, so some instructions will be fine...?

jiva602
Airman

Re: Instruction for preflight inspections will be useful

Post by jiva602 »

I am not in front of my sim atm but was thinking there is a folder/file that has "something's wrong" photos that we might see during the walk around - am I right?
N108ES

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
On the walk around check , look at the photos of the hinges/oil/fuel contamination check.
You are looking for water in the fuel NOT EASY TO SPOT/loose or missing nuts ectra/dirty oil,yes the colour goes darker as it gets contaminated and thickens up.
Check tyres not flat , no rags in the intake , DO NOT breeze through each pic , thinking nothing changes , they do change , this aplies to all the A2A GA aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

jiva602
Airman

Post by jiva602 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
On the walk around check , look at the photos of the hinges/oil/fuel contamination check.
You are looking for water in the fuel NOT EASY TO SPOT/loose or missing nuts ectra/dirty oil,yes the colour goes darker as it gets contaminated and thickens up.
Check tyres not flat , no rags in the intake , DO NOT breeze through each pic , thinking nothing changes , they do change , this aplies to all the A2A GA aircraft.
regards alan. 8)
If there is something not right, like a missing bolt, that will always show up in the workshop, correct?
N108ES

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Not all the time no , hence the walk around , to see if aircraft is fit to fly , but you still check in the hangar as well , the old belt an braces routine.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”